a little help please ladies

cherry pie

Jan 13, 2007
i posted a thread in the handbags and purses forum a few days ago about getting a bag for my 21st.
heres the thread
i need a classic and elegant bag. HELP!

after some other suggestions iv decided i want either a cerf tote or a classic flap.
i just need some input from you all. iv never used anything but LV before. which of the two do you think would be most practical and what colours would you suggest?

i graduate in may and will be going straight into working in museums so i dont want anything to flashy colour wise and it needs to something that wont date quickly.
and iv got around £1000 to spend

thank you ladies.

If you don't carry too much and you don't need immediate access while carrying the purse, I'd go for a classic flap- you'll have it forever and it's one of those must have essentials that can go with anything. However, I prefer my work bags to be bigger and give me easy access to my stuff, so I'd go with the cerf tote. That's just my opinion but I don't think you can go wrong with any Chanel piece you pick!

There will be a white cerf tote for spring. Although I like the Flap better, I think the Cerf will be better for you just because it looks more like a work bag than the flap...

I'd recommend a black caviar leather flap bag (jumbo size) but only if you need to carry quite a number of things in your hand bag. Are you thinking that you'll need to carry any work files or even a small laptop back and forth from work? If so, then a tote bag might be better suited to your needs but I don't know if there are any Chanel tote styles available for carrying those two items.