Would you pay $489 on Ebay for a Dr Q Groovee in Bordeaux? I just did!

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
The tags were not attached but the plastic protecting the feet was still there and the paper wrapping is still on the zipper pulls. The BIN price was $469 + 20 bucks shipping, insurance, and confirmation. My question is to you guys (whom I know are like me, and hunt like crazy for deals): Given the above information, would you have paid what I paid?

Will post pics as soon as I get it!

The tags were not attached but the plastic protecting the feet was still there and the paper wrapping is still on the zipper pulls. The BIN price was $469 + 20 bucks shipping, insurance, and confirmation. My question is to you guys (whom I know are like me, and hunt like crazy for deals): Given the above information, would you have paid what I paid?

Will post pics as soon as I get it!

Heres the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180169379582&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008

Now im feeling like ehhhh, maybe I should have waited for a deal, or at least a better deal, maybe I shouldn't have paid that much given that the tags are not attached. I guess you could say im feeling guilty about the purchase and need a little reassurance.

So what do you think?

Would you have paid this much for the bag? Gladly? No way?

Do you think you could have found this bag somewhere on sale or at a great deal?

Do you think that the rarity of the Bordeaux color in the Groovee justifies my immediate clicking of the BIN button? From what I've heard, these bags are selling out at an alarming rate, and in most online shops, the Nice Tan can no longer be found!

Tell me your thoughts, please. TIA!

I think it's kind of expensive given that is Marc by Marc Jacobs. But honestly, I am not very familiar with that line of bag. But if it's new and you like the style then it's fine. Congrats on your new purchase

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've been searching and searching for the Dr. Q Groovee in Bordeaux ... i wouldn't spare a second thought in paying the amount you paid ^^" Sure the tags are not attached but its a limited color.... IMPOSSIBLE (trust me, i've tried and is still trying .__.) to find. The Dr. Q Groovee retails for $498 and ................................................. if youre feeling really guilty, i would gladly take it off your hands *winks* haha but no... a big CONGRATS and enjoy it. Don't feel bad... enjoy your lovely Bordeaux Groovee that i know a few people here want but cant find.

..... i hope i find one too :smile:

ok so retail is $498 - you paid $489? not bad for a bag that is so hard to find! the color is so rich, i love it. congrats :biggrin:

I agree. If you have been looking for the bag and can't find it, then paid a few dollars less than retail that's good. If you bought it retail you would have still paid more in sales tax.

If you super loved the bag, was looking for it everywhere and couldn't find it, then I say you came up! Plus, it was about what you would have paid for retail. Congrats!

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. You got a new, highly coveted bag for less than retail! Some hard to find bags sale for much more than retail so GOOD JOB!

Yes, I would have bought the bag. The color is amazing! I want to try this bag on, but I'm afraid it will be sold out every where by the time I make it to civilization. The only color I see anywhere online is the Chocolate. Don't feel bad! :tup: