Feds: T.I. Tried to Buy Machine Guns, Silencers

Feb 17, 2007
1013_ti_wireimage.jpg
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) arrested rapper T.I. in Atlanta today on multiple weapons charges after they say he had a bodyguard try to buy machine guns and silencers for him.

According to the Feds, T.I,, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was busted after they learned one of his bodyguards was allegedly trying to purchase machine guns for the musician. Authorities say the bodyguard admitted to purchasing about nine firearms for T.I. in the past and about 17 firearms for other people in the musician's posse on previous occasions. The bodyguard claims the rapper gave him cash to purchase the guns, because T.I., as a convicted felon, was not able to legally buy firearms. The bodyguard was arrested last week trying to buy several guns. After his arrest, the bodyguard agreed to cooperate with authorities-- that cooperation led to today's arrest.

Click here to read the complete statement from the Department of Justice.

That really sucks. I was just watching him on tv the other day talking about rappers having a positive image.

I still like his music.....but WTF was he thinking?:s

If he wanted the guns so bad shouldnt he have had someone else to send the bodyguard and not himself? Just dumb.

I mean he shouldnt be buying machine guns in the first place......BUT if he was going to do it then he should have enough sense to cover his a**.

Even I know that and I'm just a regular joe blow.

Whatever... I really don't care.
He's got fame, money, fans, houses, women everything she might want, so if that's not enough and he wants guns, than he's a total looser. Hopefully he'll get what he deserves.

^^ to me too.

Anyway, I'm from Atlanta where he's from and lives and there has been al ot of speculation, but it's not looking good for him. He made an incredibly dumb move.