Do you make Donations?

Charlie

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
I just read the thread http://forum.purseblog.com/up-to-th...er-benefits-cut-japan-195235.html#post4161469, and somebody said "I need to donate" and it got me thinking "How many of us do actually donate money to any program?" Whenever I have lots of clothes and shoes, even furniture we dont use we take them to the shelter of our city, I do sell some stuff I wont lie. I do send money to the Saint Jude Children Hospital usually, not much but I try. This afternoon I received a letter and a picture of this little girl from Guatemala, she needs and sponsor. Many kids do, I might try to help her too. But sometimes I wonder, do these people that collect donations actually use it for people that needs it? Do they keep a little part? Sometimes I wonder....

I make at least one donation of money or time each month... There are plenty of websites out there where you can check out the charities and see what percentage of their funds are used for advertising, salaries, etc. I don't give regularly to one charity, I tend to rotate a little. There is always some story I read that just breaks my heart and I wish I could do more :sad: But I think its great that you're thinking about it- if everyone just did a little bit, the world would be so much better off!

I don't donate to those "I need a sponsor" programs, because I'm never actually sure if the money is actually going to that little child that I would be sponsoring. I do try and give money to the kids when they walk around with their UNICEF boxes.

I mainly try and help with things that are school related: school fund raisers, jump rope for heart (does that still exist???) and the like. I also donate my old clothes to the red cross or to the church in my area.

i do to various charities mainly to one that helps disadvantaged children and one that helps women in need and then some goes to HIV research. i think if one is fortunate one has to share
actually once i die everything i own will go to the charities i support

"To those whom much is given much is expected."
Yes & we make sure it goes to the end user.
Americans are the most generous people in the world. For all our faults at least we are number one at sonething that really matters.

If you don't have money, you can still donate. Even if you don't have any money, even if you don't have any stuff, you can donate yourself.

Whatever you have, somebody needs it!

If you do have even a small amount of money or stuff, and a streak of mischief, and some skillz, one of the funnest things to do is commit reverse robberies.

I donate as much as I can. In the past I have donated to wildlife preservation funds, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and local charities that help the homeless. Even if you can't give money, there are many organizations that need other things to do their work such as gently used clothing and non-perishable food. You can also give your time. I unfortunately missed the chance to wrap up toys for Toys for Tots last year, but I would love to do it this year.