Mono Cabas Piano Being Discontinued?

I purchased the cabas piano back in 2001 and it got so yucky on the bottom (it was the mono) that I used it for less than a year. I wasn't very careful with it as I would be now but It doesn't even surprise me that it would be discontinued. To replace the vachetta I was quoted somewhere around $700.00. They really should have changed the bottom of that bag. Just my 2 cents.

I purchased the cabas piano back in 2001 and it got so yucky on the bottom (it was the mono) that I used it for less than a year. I wasn't very careful with it as I would be now but It doesn't even surprise me that it would be discontinued. To replace the vachetta I was quoted somewhere around $700.00. They really should have changed the bottom of that bag. Just my 2 cents.

I guess you could say the same thing about the Lockit and Alma since they both have vachetta bottoms. But, I don't really think it's that difficult to keep vachetta bottoms clean as long as individuals do not put the purses down on the floor or on a wet surface (like in a restroom).

I guess you could say the same thing about the Lockit and Alma since they both have vachetta bottoms. But, I don't really think it's that difficult to keep vachetta bottoms clean as long as individuals do not put the purses down on the floor or on a wet surface (like in a restroom).
Thats very true. I had a Noe for years and kept it very nice after my ordeal with the Piano. It was the cost to replace the bottom that was shocking. For the price I was quoted, you could almost buy a new bag.

Have you tried cleaning the vachetta? There is a thread about magic eraser and how good it works with vachetta I think.

No I never did try cleaning it. I ended up selling it about a year ago. Had I knew then what I know now I would have given it a shot but it was pretty bad. After the first large water stain I sort of gave up on it and didn't take good care of it. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for the tip though!!

Wow, the Cabas Piano and Mezzos are staples IMO! I love my CP and did have great luck cleaning the bottom with Magic Eraser (Mr. Clean). I'm so careful with her but I did get a few dirt/water spots on the bottom when I set her on the ground at a garden party last spring sans napkin. I know, it was dumb.

In fact, my beloved CP is in my avatar! :yahoo: