I'm a newbie with a question

brimack

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I have to say I've come to LOVE Koobas from all of your posts / pics. Everyones bags are beautiful!!!

I have been wanting to get one for awhile. I do like a lot of styles especially the marcelle, lucy, and brynne. I've only had a coach and tano which I think would count as "real" bags, but nothing else. I know a virgin in so many ways...lol.

My sister n law however has a huge collection of many designer bags. She has a black marcelle that she's only used a handful of times. She has offered to sell it to me for $150.00. From what I can see and everything I've read on the post she has taken good care of it.

What do you think? From my searches it seems very hard to find a marcelle. I am a bit worried since I'm 5'0" and a mom with three kids (7, 4,and 2)...do you think I would look silly with a marcelle? Thanks so much and nice to "meet" all of you.

Brimack, you've come to the right place! I'm only 5'2" and I have a toffee Marcelle and I don't feel it's too large at all, it's just right. I think it's the perfect size for a Mom that might need to carry around a few small bits and pieces for the kids. As for the price, $150 is a steal for a Marcelle in wonderful condition. If you buy it and find it's not for you, I'm in no doubt that you could resell it on eBay and easily recoup all your costs.

If in doubt, perhaps your sister-in-law will allow you to take the Marcelle home with you, so you can fill it with your personal things and walk around the house and see how you feel. That might help you make the right decision.

Brimack, you've come to the right place! I'm only 5'2" and I have a toffee Marcelle and I don't feel it's too large at all, it's just right. I think it's the perfect size for a Mom that might need to carry around a few small bits and pieces for the kids. As for the price, $150 is a steal for a Marcelle in wonderful condition. If you buy it and find it's not for you, I'm in no doubt that you could resell it on eBay and easily recoup all your costs.

If in doubt, perhaps your sister-in-law will allow you to take the Marcelle home with you, so you can fill it with your personal things and walk around the house and see how you feel. That might help you make the right decision.

I agree with Mini...that's a great price and she's right about reselling it...but I seriously doubt if you will do that once it is in your hot little hands!:graucho:

You're getting it Brimack? CONGRATULATIONS!

Shewolfy, I'm flattered, but there are more experienced and knowledgeable Kooba people around here, they just haven't gotten onto the forum yet today. I'm sure they'll add their wonderful advice.

$150!!! A bargain!

The marcelle is one of my favourite koobas. I have one in Cognac.
I 5'9'' and I have a 4 and a 2 year old. I find the Marcelle a prefect size to carry all the bits I need for me and them when I pop out.

Plus, even if Im just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, my Marcelle makes me feel like a Yummy Mummy.

Dont forget to post pics as soon as you get it! :yes:

:hysteric:
$150!!! A bargain!

The marcelle is one of my favourite koobas. I have one in Cognac.
I 5'9'' and I have a 4 and a 2 year old. I find the Marcelle a prefect size to carry all the bits I need for me and them when I pop out.

Plus, even if Im just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, my Marcelle makes me feel like a Yummy Mummy.

Dont forget to post pics as soon as you get it! :yes:

You are sooooo funny!!! Yummy Mummy! Can I tell you that your avatar scares me though????

:hysteric:

You are sooooo funny!!! Yummy Mummy! Can I tell you that your avatar scares me though????

LOL..why? I have had about 5 people say that to me on this forum, but on the UK parents forum that I also use it on, no one bats an eyelid. I guess us brits are used to looking at ugly faces. Ever seen Tony Blair...?

Anyway its Gollum from Lord of the Rings, who is obsessed with a ring. My caption underneath is a 'pfft!' to him, coz he chose the wrong obsession!

Everyone know that handbags is where its at!!:wlae:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing Wolfy said! Although I like Gollum and I agree he does have the wrong obsession! Tony Blair is ugly??!!!! I never thought so!!! I suppose he is just a clean cut political type :smile: Yummy Mummy is very cute, I love my Marcelle too, thanks to wolfly! It is super lightweight and just the right amount of "boho chic" Oh god, did I just say that??!! I stuffed my 2 year olds sweater in there today and still had room to spare. ....my prettttyyy....

LOL..why? I have had about 5 people say that to me on this forum, but on the UK parents forum that I also use it on, no one bats an eyelid. I guess us brits are used to looking at ugly faces. Ever seen Tony Blair...?

Anyway its Gollum from Lord of the Rings, who is obsessed with a ring. My caption underneath is a 'pfft!' to him, coz he chose the wrong obsession!

I'm another strange one maybe that thinks Tony is rather cute. In a charming sort of way...and I am a sucker for a man with a British Accent.
Gollum has always been one of my favorite character (My Preciousssssssseessss) but I read the books for the first time at age 18 and I had a whole different look for Gollum in my mind. The Movie came out and blew it all away.
And I agree...who needs rings. I am NOT a jewelry type person. I have what I need and want and that's it. Hubby just asked me if I wanted any type of jewelry for this Christmas. I said Heck No, you KNOW what I want!!!

Cute! Tony..?!

Are we looking at the same guy? Mind you he has departed the PM seat now and we have 'sack of spuds' Gordon Brown in charge instead.
Now if anyone thinks that he is cute......:wtf:

Oh--I said it wrong Lexie did it right "my preciousssseesss" oops.
Ya, so they totally booted Blair out and now you have this 'sack of spuds' !
Funny. I could say something but I won't :smile: At least he's not like France's
new guy and having his papparazzi photos retouched to hide his "spare-tire"
:throwup::throwup:

Cute! Tony..?!

Are we looking at the same guy? Mind you he has departed the PM seat now and we have 'sack of spuds' Gordon Brown in charge instead.
Now if anyone thinks that he is cute......:wtf: