Hermes vs eBay

It's about time!!
Though I find it interesting that they chose to file suit in France, vs. the US (since eBay is headquartered in the US). I also wonder what sort of attitude Hermes will present with regard to the sale of authentic Hermes items on the site.

"EBay says it does take action when it is notified that counterfeit goods are being offered for sale. "

Yeah, right. I believe the reason why counterfeit goods are still appearing on eBay because people get tired of reporting when eBay is not doing anything to remove them. Removing the listings = less income for eBay.

It's about time for Hermes to do this. In the meantime, we'll just wait and see.

These lawsuits seem to result in limitations being placed on sellers with authentic items, and the counterfeiters seem to thrive nonetheless (if the LV lawsuit and ebay's reaction is any indication).

It's about time!!
Though I find it interesting that they chose to file suit in France, vs. the US (since eBay is headquartered in the US). I also wonder what sort of attitude Hermes will present with regard to the sale of authentic Hermes items on the site.

I think EBay Europe is now a separate entity from it's American counterpart.

I would also like to know what they are really looking for with these charges. A real change (which isn't probably coming) or something else, for ex. ban all resale of Hermès (real or fake) on ebay...

I think EBay Europe is now a separate entity from it's American counterpart.

That may be (I'm not even sure)...but how many fake Birkins, proportionally, are sold on eBay Europe vs. eBay.com? I would venture a guess that it's a tiny percentage.
I think this is largely a meaningless token, honestly, though I am glad Hermes is finally taking a stand.

BTW in the US at least, it's actually not possible for Hermes or any other maker of anything legal to "ban" people who own the items from selling them wherever they feel like it. It's called First Sale Doctrine, and it's an inalienable right of a US citizen. If you buy something, you own it, and therefore you can set it afire, use it as a lunchbox, sell it on eBay, or give it away if you choose. It's your property, end of story. Obviously this doesn't count for things like liquor that's regulated by the states or Federal Govt, or for illegal goods like counterfeits or drugs or what-have-you. But my point is that in the United States, no vendor can bar people from selling their own property if it's been acquired legally.