Is this safe?

aprilvalentine

I Love DC
Nov 12, 2006
Buyer in UK sending me payment by bank transfer, I'm in the US. Once it clears my bank she wants me to ship it to her friend in Hong Kong to avoid customs fees. I'm fine with that, but is there any way I could lose the money? I plan to ship USPS global express with insurance and all that. I'm just so paranoid after my last international Ebay disaster.

^ Totally off topic, but is that a little Spartan uniform?
Yes, it is. My husband and his 2 brothers all went there. He never gets very emotional about anything, but I swear I've seen him tear up :crybaby:when they win a football game (or if they lose). My poor kids (he'll die if they decide to go somewhere else - and he hates U of M with an intensity I find scary at times). :smile:

Yes, it is. My husband and his 2 brothers all went there. He never gets very emotional about anything, but I swear I've seen him tear up :crybaby:when they win a football game (or if they lose). My poor kids (he'll die if they decide to go somewhere else - and he hates U of M with an intensity I find scary at times). :smile:

Ah, I know the feeling. Both my sister and I went to MSU. :heart:

Really? How can they do that with a bank transfer though? Once it clears my account, isn't it just like cash? I really do want to sell this bag, but I thought bank wire was totally safe.

In my opinion, yes, it's like cash, but the account could be stolen, and I wouldn't want to be accepting money from a stolen account. That's just me.

Customs into the UK are extremely high, while customs into Hong Kong are zero.
The details make sense to me. The Buyer isn't asking you to lie on customs forms.
It sounds like something they have done before on high dollar items.
I don't see any red flags here.
Bank wire transfers are the safest way to receive money.
Once it is there it is there for good.
E-checks on PayPal are not bank wire transfers. They are just that,
e-checks and as such can be reversed for unauthorized account activity.
The same is true for credit cards.

And PayPal payments for international transactions are at great risk to the Seller.
Just like your 1st nightmare.

Customs into the UK are extremely high, while customs into Hong Kong are zero.
The details make sense to me. The Buyer isn't asking you to lie on customs forms.
It sounds like something they have done before on high dollar items.
I don't see any red flags here.
Bank wire transfers are the safest way to receive money.
Once it is there it is there for good.
E-checks on PayPal are not bank wire transfers. They are just that,
e-checks and as such can be reversed for unauthorized account activity.
The same is true for credit cards.

And PayPal payments for international transactions are at great risk to the Seller.
Just like your 1st nightmare.

i agree, you won't have any problems with a bank transfer, the risk is on them, if anything were to go wrong , their chances of getting the money back would be zilch