Ebay morons.....VENT!

bagatella

Jul 28, 2007
So this morning, I receive an email from ebay telling me a listing for one of my Chloe bags was removed due to excessive shipping....

OK, so the opening bid was 499, my shipping charge was $27. I SPECIFICALLY STATE IN MY AUCTIONS THAT INSURANCE and SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF SHIPPING!!

Still sound like a lot? Here's the breakdown:
Insurance ($500)=7.30
Signature confirmation (required for items $250 or greater)=1.75
PRIORITY shipping=13.45

7.30+1.75+13.45= 22.50

After packaging fees, my whopping "profit" is, what, $2? That doesn't even cover the listing fees...Am I an evil person? (Sarcasm). I spoke to Live Help and they said someone probably reported it. Maybe one of the people whose offers of, um, $200 I rejected?

:cursing::crybaby:

AMAZING! Why doesn't Ebay, before they yank a legit listing reveiw shipping charges, do they just take the word of ANYONE that happens to report an auction?
Your fees were fine, shipping has gone up A LOT, as well as materials and of course time, gas.
Can you relist?

When you see some listings with shipping charges of $35? I just sold a pair of boots and had shipping charges of $15. and when I listed I got a red flag from e-bay saying my shipping charges looked high! And I had put priority shipping. They didn't pull the listing, but most of the shipping I see for shoes or bags is more than $15!!! They said that e-bay does not allow you to charge more for shipping than actual cost, so I guess you are suppossed to figure your listing fees into the price of the item.

When you see some listings with shipping charges of $35? I just sold a pair of boots and had shipping charges of $15. and when I listed I got a red flag from e-bay saying my shipping charges looked high! And I had put priority shipping. They didn't pull the listing, but most of the shipping I see for shoes or bags is more than $15!!! They said that e-bay does not allow you to charge more for shipping than actual cost, so I guess you are suppossed to figure your listing fees into the price of the item.

Yet, did you ever notice on an eBay invoice, right by the total it says in parentheses: "includes any seller handling fees"? WHY is ebay so inconsistent!!??

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of! You had perfectly legitimate charges, with a BREAKDOWN no less & they still yanked you! Unbelieveable! No doubt they will attempt to charge you for a relist! People are just soooo greedy now! Everyone wants something for nothing & I would bet you your shipping charges that it was indeed one of the offers you rejected reporting you. Again, she was pissed b/c she wanted something for nothing!

A week ago someone posted about getting pegged for excessive shipping costs, however when she emailed them a breakdown of the costs the reinstated her/his listing.

Maybe it would work for you.

Sorry to hear your listing got pulled. Your shipping fees are NOT excessive at all!

Ebay is ridiculous!!! They are so inconsistent. I can't stand it.

Hope you're able to relist, if you give them a breakdown. Good luck.