Exchange my Ultimate Soft for Timeless Clutch or Medallion Tote?

juniormint

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I have finally admitted to myself that even though I love my black ultimate soft, I am just not going to get any use out of it. I bought it at Saks Chanel last April, and after taking it out of the box twice to admire it, I've decided it is just not for me. It is too small for an everyday or weekend bag, and I just don't want to baby the lambskin. It still has the tags, card, dust bag, receipt, etc.

I went back to the store yesterday to look around, and the manager told me I could bring it in and exchange it for something else, especially before the price hike.

Sooo, I'm looking at either a medallion tote in bourdeaux, or a black timeless clutch in caviar. I have been lusting after the timeless clutch for awhile now. The only con is that I have maybe 3 occasions a year in which I would use it.

The medallion tote would get a lot more use, even more if it were black, but my black bags already include a diamond stitch tote, metallic luxe bowler, and a GST on the way. The only other colors in Chanel bags that I have are a silver cotton club tote, a bronze luxe bowler, and the red luxe bowler.

I think I need a bag in the brown range that will go from work to evening casual.

I'm still debating, if I get the clutch, I will have credit left over for some earings or maybe a credit card holder. If I get the medallion tote, I'm looking at paying approx. an extra $500.

Still trying to decide what to do......

i'd go with the medallion tote. its a very practical bag, such a great size, has a zip top, and is low maintenance! The clutch is so pretty, but if u can't see yourself using it often, then the medallion tote is definitely the way to go.

I'd go with the medallion tote. It is a really useful bag and I think that the bordeaux is a great color for it. I also love the timeless clutch, but it doens't sound like you would get much use out of it.

I love the clutch (and have one in black caviar), but it seems that you'd find yourself in the same situation - a beautiful bag that you won't use too often. I think the bordeaux color looks SMASHING in the classics, so I'd go with the bordeaux medallion tote.

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I'd echo what BagsLuvMeToo suggested...the clutch in a non-black color. And I'm sure you have more than 3 instances a year in which to bring her out. I mean the holidays are going to be upon us soon. Think of all the holiday parties you'll be attending. Not to mention regular dinner/drinks with the SO or friends.

BUT, since you're trying to decide between a clutch and the tote, I guess it really depends on what you need more at this time. Something for everyday or something for special occasions.

Seems like I'm in the minority here but I'd echo what BagsLuvMeToo suggested...the clutch in a non-black color. And I'm sure you have more than 3 instances a year in which to bring her out. I mean the holidays are going to be upon us soon. Think of all the holiday parties you'll be attending. Not to mention regular dinner/drinks with the SO or friends.

BUT, since you're trying to decide between a clutch and the tote, I guess it really depends on what you need more at this time. Something for everyday or something for special occasions.

You know, I've thought about the red clutch also, I just thought I would probably get more use out of the black. But the more I think about it, I really like the idea of the red.

Anyone know if the red comes in caviar or just lambskin?

The red comes in both caviar and lambskin. I have the caviar in red and the lamb in black. Love them both!

I think you could find a red at NM or Saks. Good luck.

I do also like the bordeaux Medallion tote... decisions, decisions, I know.:smile:

I called Saks earlier today to see if they had the red. They had just sold a red patent clutch, but I'd rather have caviar. They do have the black though. I'm going to try to make it out of the house tomorrow without the kids to take a look around and see what else is available!

You have the GST coming so you will already have a tote. I would say keep looking for a red timeless clutch in caviear. I just got one from Saks and they did have to look for a couple of days, but they located it. I would also encourage you to think outside the box in how you use it. I don't go out that often, but I will use mine when I travel in my laptop bag and for date nights with my husband.