the strap on my edith messenger broke!!

lilpicotin

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
:crybaby:

i love my whiskey edith, i've been using it every day for the last month and toting my books in it, and today the strap just broke!! does anyone know how to repair it?? i bought it from bergdorf goodman - do they replace straps, or can i get chloe to do it?

thanks in advance for your help!!!

oh no! I'm very sorry to hear that. I just got my very 1st Chloe yesterday and it's an Ecureil Edith. I just have the regular one without the strap. They're such gorgeous bags. Maybe you should try the store first and see what they'll say. Hopefully they'll be able to help you or direct you to someone who can help you. Goodluck! :girlsigh:

I fear I will soon be having this same problem. I have been carrying my edith for weeks too, as she is my most favorite and functional bag(right now). Two threads in my strap has come aloose and its only a matter of time before the strap just breaks. Luckily I bought it from nordies so they should repair it. I m sure BG will send it out for repairs too! Goodluck!!!

Yikes, that is my worst nightmare... I am always conscious of the possibility of the strap breaking with all that weight in the Edith...

Good luck in getting it fixed... keep us updated....thanks.

Where did it break? Is it because the threads came loose like on ali w's bag? Is this from carrying a lot of weight, or is it just a bad design on Chloe's part?

I just bought this bag (and love it!) to carry my work stuff. How careful should I be? Maybe carry by the handles instead of the messenger strap whenever possible...?

yeah, i thought i could carry my books in the bag no problem, but the threads came loose on one end of the strap! the other end seems fine, so i kinda think there is some quality control problem with chloe :crybaby:

thanks girls - i'm going to contact BG for repairs! hopefully they'll do it for free.

yeah, i thought i could carry my books in the bag no problem, but the threads came loose on one end of the strap! the other end seems fine, so i kinda think there is some quality control problem with chloe :crybaby:

thanks girls - i'm going to contact BG for repairs! hopefully they'll do it for free.
If not, try your local shoe/leather repair guy. If it is just the threads coming loose, they should be able to sew it back with no problem. Come to think of it, I should send my Tekla to my shoe repair guy for a visit before its strap broke.

I am thinking there are design flaws in some of the Chloe bags- they make them so heavy and all that weight is hanging on either a narrow strap with stitching, like your broken strap, or in my case, my paddington cross body strap is 2" wide, and looped over the bales at both ends- except I broke one of the rivets where the bale is attached to the body of the bag. The great news is the leather repair shop/shoe repair people can mail- order replacement rivets in different colors of metals in the exact size they need and then clamp 'em down really tight so you can go forth and overload your bag again. I am sure the leather guy can restitch your strap, probably while you wait, for about 10$.
I was not happy about leaving Chloe overnight, but those guys don't seem to know what these things cost.

oh my! all this time i firmly believed that the first things to go (or break) will be:

my shoulder
my back
my arm
edith straps

in that order! :smile:

I can't imagine carrying anything heavy enough to break the straps without inflicting injury on the person :o

Well, i just bought the Chloe' Heloise last week and as i was getting ready to run out yesterday i grabbed her only to realize that one of the handles broke!! TERROR! I took it back to the boutique this morning and they are gonna get me a new one if they can find one- So now im without my new bag and i don't know how long it will take to get the replacement?:censor:

Well, i just bought the Chloe' Heloise last week and as i was getting ready to run out yesterday i grabbed her only to realize that one of the handles broke!! TERROR! I took it back to the boutique this morning and they are gonna get me a new one if they can find one- So now im without my new bag and i don't know how long it will take to get the replacement?:censor:
:wtf: This is HORRIFYING! I feel for you. I had a handle break on a Betty - but it was large and too cumbersome and I was glad to return it. If you LIKE the bag - that is a completely different story. Hope it all gets resolved to your satisfaction....