Help me make up my mind...

jenniletv

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
I am contemplating an epi noe and while I think I will love it, I am not sure I will love the straps, tying and untying, etc. What do you Noe owners do with your straps??? :confused1:
Tell me why you love or hate the bag? Enable or disable me. Go!

I am considering adding Noe to my wish list...my plan would be to leave it loosely tied so that I can get in and out of it easier! I'm more concerned about the "boxy" bottom ! Hopefully some Noe experts will ease our minds....:upsidedown:

I don't have one but I think the tying and untieing might be annoying too..although I have a neverfull and the straps that sinch on the side don't bug me. I would go and try one out at a LV store.

I have the Damier Azur Noe....
I love it, and with use it becomes soft and comfy....
I'm not sure you will get that effect with epi leather, as it's stiff, but maybe some epi Noe owners will let you know....

I have both the black epi petite noe and the classic mono noe..and initially the tying of the bag was a pain...and the square bottom took a little time to get use to....but after I carried the bags for a while...It didn't bother me...I just tie the bag enough to keep the straps from sliding out and shorten the shoulder strap so it fits under my arm...and I have had no problems...So...go into the store and try it...see if it is a fit for you...Good luck with your handbag search...

I just got the mono petite noe and I really love it! It's my current everyday bag...it takes a while to get used to tying it, but it's so roomy and I really like the shape. I contemplated the epi petite noe for a bit, but when I tried it on, I felt that it was too structured & stiff..you should definitely try them both on in the store before deciding...:smile:

Great thread! Can you noe experts also share your knowledge about the sizes? I'm really bad at measurements, but I carry a Damier Speedy 30 everyday and it holds my stuff (wallet, pochette for makeup, pochette for credit cards and receipts, eyeglass case, sunglasses case, keys, gum, pen, pda, and cellphone) really well. Which size noe would be comparable?

Also, do any of the noe's come with a pocket for cellphone? I have an older mono Alma that I don't ever carry 'cause it doesn't have the cellphone pocket. Drives me nuts! (I should probably just sell it...)

I'm looking at the epi's... trying to decide what color I would love the most, what size, and whether I should buy new or "pre-loved." (Also trying to decide if I want an epi noe or an epi speedy... but that's another thread.) ALL of your recommendations would be appreciated! TIA.

I only have the mono large and mono petit noes, so I can't speak for epi. I was contemplating getting a large yellow epi noe, but after hearing how stiff the epi noes are, I lost interest. I know other pfers have used bandeaus, which have made it easier to tie and untie the bag. The epi stiffness might affect how boxy the bag is; I know that some pfers who've owned both mono and epi can tell you that the mono is more slouchy than the epi. Some people don't like the "boxyness" of the noe in terms of how it looks when you try it on...

As for me (I don't know if this will help but), I don't use bandeaus; I just use my regular vachetta drawstring. It takes a while to get used to, but tying/untying isn't a real bother for me. Usually I leave the bag untied unless I'm in a crowded area, and I usually keep my bag close to my body. Both the large and petit are deep bags, so you shouldn't worry about your stuff falling out. :yes: Also, I find the single strap very comfy and I can hold a reasonable amount of items in my bag.

In terms of volume, the petit noe is similar to the speedy 30. The regular noe is rather big...I'd say its volume is between the speedy 35 and 40.

I have an epi (moka) petit noe and love it. It holds a lot so I couldn't imagine carrying the larger one. Actually, the leather has gotten soft and kinda slouches, really beautiful. Most of the time I leave it untied (more like a tote) and it's so easy to get in and out of. Only when I'm in a crowd or want it to look really cute that I tie it. Material Me posted a nice reference pic here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...ry/a-visual-aid-for-the-petit-noe-182272.html

Also, look in visual aids for modeling pics..
Go for it, YOU WILL LOVE IT. I also want one in blue epi. Oh, and yes single strap comfortable and adjustable (can hang lower on hip or under arm).

Great thread! Can you noe experts also share your knowledge about the sizes? I'm really bad at measurements, but I carry a Damier Speedy 30 everyday and it holds my stuff (wallet, pochette for makeup, pochette for credit cards and receipts, eyeglass case, sunglasses case, keys, gum, pen, pda, and cellphone) really well. Which size noe would be comparable?

Also, do any of the noe's come with a pocket for cellphone? I have an older mono Alma that I don't ever carry 'cause it doesn't have the cellphone pocket. Drives me nuts! (I should probably just sell it...)

I'm looking at the epi's... trying to decide what color I would love the most, what size, and whether I should buy new or "pre-loved." (Also trying to decide if I want an epi noe or an epi speedy... but that's another thread.) ALL of your recommendations would be appreciated! TIA.

None of the Noes have an interior cell phone pocket....
The Multilcolore Noe has an exterior buckle pocket, I guess you could put your cell phone in there, but it's cumbersome because of the buckle....

So, does the fact that the noe has no cellphone pocket drive anyone else nuts? I feel like every purse I own from pre-I-don't-know-2000? (when did we all get cellphones?) is practically useless. I need to be able to reach in and grab out that sucker at a moment's notice!