Jimmy Choo I just purchased Jimmy Choo Python Marin

Hi tres chic! Good for you and welcome to the Choo forum! I just got my first python bag as well however it is the Chloe Silverado. I have been reading the forums on these bags and it seems most are just saying to not get them wet...

Hi: I don't have a Choo python but I have the python Gucci Romy bag and was told not to get it wet, not to use any conditioners on it but DKO or something for reptile skin and to avoid storing in humid areas which could cause the scales to curl up. Have no idea if this is true or not. This is what I got from the Gucci SA when I took the bag in to be looked at.

Thank you jmacadon and lionlaw for the tips! I am afraid to use it now that it is raining almost every day in where I live (Finland). But I think that as this bag is very "out there" (=sort of flashy for my style), I will be using it only on special occaisons.
My concern was that the scales might fall out by wear. Is this a valid concern?

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_3252.JPG
    Copy of IMG_3252.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Copy of IMG_3259.JPG
    Copy of IMG_3259.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 135
trés chic;4084364 said:
Hi,
This bag is my first JC. I was wondering how should I take care of this gorgeous bag?
Does anyone else have it? Experiences?

You are one lucky girl! I am so envious! :love: The Jungle color is my all time favorite. I think you can use it on more than special occasions. Reptile is very popular this year.

The only python bag I have is a Gucci and I have not treated it with any protectant. There is a special product, like lionlaw mentioned, for reptile skin.

I found this info: http://www.taxidermy.net/forums/ReptileArticles/05/051D4EF895.html . I have also heard that you should never put ANYTHING on it, EVER. Two totally different stories. Did you ask the Choo store?

What an AMAZING clutch:drool: I too love the Jungle series and envy you and your Marin:nuts:

Enjoy it:woohoo: and be ready for a closet full of Choo's. They some how multiply very quickly:confused1: :graucho:

Welcome to the Wonderful world of Jimmy Choo:choochoo::choochoo:

What an AMAZING clutch:drool: I too love the Jungle series and envy you and your Marin:nuts:

Enjoy it:woohoo: and be ready for a closet full of Choo's. They some how multiply very quickly:confused1: :graucho:

Welcome to the Wonderful world of Jimmy Choo:choochoo::choochoo:

...and then you start to buy the matching shoes....:sos:

Thank you for all the comments! Those pics are not too good, but they give you an idea on how it looks compared to the images in Jc.com (where I bought it).
Do you know if I can travel with python materials? Can the customs take away my Marin if I come to the US? I will be travelling there in the spring, and it would be a shame if they would take it away :shocked: I know that the rules are that you are not allowed to "import or sell" python. But is it importing if I am a visitor..? I'm so confused.
As to adding new JCs...
I am already in love with JC Ramona, so I might have to continue my JC collection with that one next.

trés chic;4092675 said:
Thank you for all the comments! Those pics are not too good, but they give you an idea on how it looks compared to the images in Jc.com (where I bought it).
Do you know if I can travel with python materials? Can the customs take away my Marin if I come to the US? I will be travelling there in the spring, and it would be a shame if they would take it away :shocked: I know that the rules are that you are not allowed to "import or sell" python. But is it importing if I am a visitor..? I'm so confused.
As to adding new JCs...
I am already in love with JC Ramona, so I might have to continue my JC collection with that one next.

So, here's a bit of education: CITES (the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) is an international agreement between Governments. Its aim is to ensure that international trade in specimens of wild animals and plants does not threaten their survival. Being an avid succulent collector with plans for a collecting trip to SA in the next few years, I have been learning more about them.

What I have discovered is that the Burmese python is on what is called CITES Schedule II - Threatened Species. From an info website, I read that Appendix II includes species not necessarily threatened with extinction, but in which trade must be controlled in order to avoid utilization incompatible with their survival.

I have been looking into regulations regarding personal effects exemptions for travellers. Some participating countries have stricter governmental regulations than CITES. As with most US regulations, this info is buried deep in the netherworld of bureaucracy. :tdown:

I can find out all sorts of info about Canadian regs on Schedule II souveniers such as a python handbag....that is readily available. When I can dig up some info on US regs, I will post it in a separate thread.

Me again..and more on customs in the US. I called customs in Seattle, at the airport, and posed a question. I said that I was travelling to Europe and wanted to take my python handbag along. I asked if US customs were going to take it away from me when I returned.

Now, I already know from this morning's research that my hypothetical bag would be considered personal effects, and is not made from an endangered species.

The customs agent had a great big belly laugh and said "we don't care about snakeskin!"

So there you have it. If you enter the US in Seattle, WA there appears to be nothing to worry about.

I can't thank you enough Jburgh! It always seems that all this sort of regulation is buried deep...like it is some sort of secret science. Thank you for digging it out for me. :flowers: off-topic: Corgis rock!