Need HELP! Damier Azur Speedy 30

vvvvv

Oct 1, 2007
Hi all,

I just joined the LV fans club... haha... I am SO glad that my bf bought me a damier azur speedy 30 as a gift last week. However, here comes the story.... I found that checker pattern does not align perfectly between the front and the side, at the bottom trim of the speedy... I know my bag is authentic because my bf showed me the receipt from a local LV boutique. We went back to the boutique and two other stores too and tried to look for a better one to exchange... but... it seems the pattern on my bag is the most aligned one already... (I guess my bf did a good job to pick the best one :P) I mean, I am rather picky, but anyone of you experience that? Is it since these bag are handmade and so they will never be perfect? it really did bother me a bit and I am not sure if I should just return it and only buy when I find a perfect one? What would you do?

Please Advice.

V

Yes you have the right to be picky lots of people are turning away because they expect more quality. I dont have that pattern bag so I cant help but welcome to the forum anyway!!!!

I have an azur 25 and mine doesnt line up either but when I was looking through the bunch I didnt look for alignment, I just made sure the rest of the bag was alright. So I would advise for you to keep it. I'm really happy with mine nevertheless. Besides, IMO, it will be very very difficult to find one that lines up.

You know that is why LV didn't make a damier speedy unless it was an SO. The pattern does NOT match on the sides and it never will. It isn't possible with the shape of the bag.

Thank you all for your comment and advice. I have attached some pictures of my bag, please take a look and let me know if you were me, you think it is acceptable for that tiny bit of off in the pattern alignment (the location of pattern of the front leather in reference to the side leather, among the left, right and bottom trim)?

Anyone of you have found/ owned a perfect aligned one?

If most people experience that misalignment, then I might as well accept it as a fact, since I really love this bag and I am afraid to return it and when want to buy one again, to find the alignment of other bags is worsen than this one I am having......

Attachments

• DSCN2487.JPG
    DSCN2487.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCN2489.JPG
    DSCN2489.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCN2490.JPG
    DSCN2490.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN2491.JPG
    DSCN2491.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN2492.JPG
    DSCN2492.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 466
Thank you all for your comment and advice. I have attached some pictures of my bag, please take a look and let me know if you were me, you think it is acceptable for that tiny bit of off in the pattern alignment (the location of pattern of the front leather in reference to the side leather, among the left, right and bottom trim)?

Anyone of you have found/ owned a perfect aligned one?

If most people experience that misalignment, then I might as well accept it as a fact, since I really love this bag and I am afraid to return it and when want to buy one again, to find the alignment of other bags is worsen than this one I am having......

Dell,

What is an SO?

V

You know that is why LV didn't make a damier speedy unless it was an SO. The pattern does NOT match on the sides and it never will. It isn't possible with the shape of the bag.

Exactly! I once recall several years ago asking my SA for a Damier keepall. He said LV would never do an S/O (special order) for this piece because of the alignment problems.

Then they later did start the Damier Speedy as an S/O. And now, of course, it is, as well as the keepall, mass produced.

My damier azur is not aligned perfectly but it does not bother me. However, I think when one spends a certain $$$ amount on a bag they have a right to be picky! In this case, though, I am not sure you are going to do any better.

Really, it is such a pretty bag that I never even paid attention to the alignment until this morning when i took mine out and looked at it.

i had that issue with my damier speedys but i compared both and they're both not aligned properly. it doesn't really bother me but good luck finding one that you truly like :smile:

I would never have even thought to check this, but I just did and found that mine is almost perfectly aligned! Wow! But my neverfull is not aligned on one side (which is common, though I think they have since fixed that problem).

But seriously, I'd never notice this on my own or others' bags.

I would never have even thought to check this, but I just did and found that mine is almost perfectly aligned! Wow! But my neverfull is not aligned on one side (which is common, though I think they have since fixed that problem).

But seriously, I'd never notice this on my own or others' bags.

I should add, it's aligned on the bottom only, not the sides! I don't think it's possible...

SO is a special Order piece. For years Louis Vuitton only made a damier speedy when it was ordered. SO's usually cost at minimum 30% more then the regular bag. There were so many SO's for the damier speedy that they finally decided to produce them.