Wow, I'm starting to love DAMIER!

Jun 18, 2007
Hey everyone, when I first started admiring LV's I absolutely hated the Damier...I was like Mono all the way! I was in Dallas about 3 weeks ago and went shopping at the Galleria and went in to admire purses at LV. All the purses I looked at were Mono, I didn't even bat an eyelash at the Damier...well, I've been looking around tPF at everyone's Damier collections and wow, I must say, it's beginning to grow on me! I mean really grow on me...I'm actually starting to like it a tiny bit more than the Monogram! I guess what really turned me that way is the fact that I'm starting to like purses that aren't screaming with LV's, something that is low-key. I've waitlisted for my very first LV purse-the Tivoli! Let me say that I absolutely love everything about the Tivoli, but my newfound love for the Damier Speedy 30 is making me torn between the two. I've admired LV for about 4 years now, and I'm finally ready to buy one. When it comes down to it, I'll probably end up owning both of them at some point, but it would probably be half a year to 8 months before actually having both of them in my possession. Right now my only dilemma is what to buy first. Anyone want to offer suggestions and help make my life easier? :graucho:

Wow. I was the same way with damier azur.

Anwyays, Id get the damier speedy first. It's more classic and easier on the wallet for a first LV. You can see how you liek damier after awhile before investing on another one.

I love the damier line! They are great all weather bags! No vanchetta to worry about! I really want the hampstead mm right now. That will be my next bag! ;)
p11464054_ph_hero.jpg

This is the GM. It comes in 3 different sizes... it's beautiful!

I've been feeling the exact same way lately. I'm just dying for something in Damier but I can't decide what!!

I'm also dying to get my hands on the tivoli....so I may have to get the tivoli AND something in Damier (maybe the saleya).

I say go try both bags at the same time and get the one that makes your heart flutter the most.

Wow, thats so weird!! I've had the same feelings for the damier. I'm in the market for a speedy (can't decide between a 30 or 35) and now I can't decide between the mono or damier!!! At first I never would have considered anything but the mono,but now i think the damier just looks so low key and classy, maybe it would be nice to have a purse that isn't saying "hey, I'm a LV, and I have it stamped all over myself so you can see". On the other hand, I might feel that way becuase I already have a mono LV (the boulogne) so I'd like the next one to be different....I don't know. Thats a tough one. The speedy is the "classic" LV bag, but the mono is the "classic" LV print.....I wouldn't be able to decide either!

I used to hate Damier, but the more I saw them, the more I started to like them. I bought my first Damier piece, Speedy 30, a couple months ago and I love it. My next purchase will be the Azur cles!