Best razor to use for shaving?

Eugin

O.G.
Aug 27, 2006
Maybe, I've been noticing the commercials more but there seems to be tons of options regarding different razors for shaving. I'm looking for a new one so any recommendations on what gives the closest and most comfortable shave?

I've only ever tried different Gillette razors, but I must say I'm not too impressed with the Gillette Venus vibrance (I just don't see the point of the damn vibrating?) A regular Gillette Venus razor does the trick for me :flowers:

Venus! Tried the Vibrance for a while and it was actually great (I don't know why the vibration should make the shave cleaner but I thought it did for a while). Then the battery died and even though I replaced it that was it. I think the regular Venus is better overall.

I always use mens razors because the shave is much closer than most women's razors, I like Gillete fusion. I discovered that mens razors work much better than womens by accident when I was at my SOs house and didn't have my own razor to shave with so I had no choice but to use his.

Interesting, I have not thought about using a men's razor. I've got sensitive skin so is it very comfortable using a men's razor?

:yes:the razors marketed to men can be just as comfortable/moisturizing as the ones for women. the gillette fusion one has five blades & an "enhanced Lubrastrip" (moisturizing strip). there is a good description on amazon w/ppl's feedback.

ditto to me for using a men's razor.
it is comfortable to use because it is made to shave a man's face (naturally coarser hair, which means more sensitive) so it is perfect to shave legs with and gives a close shave.