I don't know what to do....

bindi0930

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
I received a e-mail from paypal this morning saying:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear XXXX,

One of the benefits of using PayPal is that we make every effort to alert
you to potentially problematic transactions. Our goal is to help you make
sound business decisions.

From time to time, we request additional information about PayPal payments.
This is a security measure meant to protect you from problem transactions.

We would like to learn more about this transaction. Please log in to your
PayPal account and provide some information.

We strongly advise that you not ship the item until our investigation is
complete. If you have already shipped the item, please log in and let us
know where you shipped it.

We have placed a temporary hold on the funds until the investigation is
complete.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then it went on to describe the transaction details. I sold a bag about 3 weeks ago to a person for about 340.00. The address was confirmed and the buyer was verified in the US. So, I felt safe sending a little bit more expensive bag to the person. I shipped the bag Fedex to the address on paypal, and I have signature confirmation from the woman who bought the bag(Thank goodness I did that!). I called paypal today and asked them if there is anything more I need to do besides providing the tracking number. I have never had this happen to me before. Should I be worried that the money is going to be frozen forever or is there still hope??

I happened the similiar things twice and paypal reversed the payment, lucky me, PayPal sent me emails 2 days after they made payment so item still on my hands.

I don't know the reason why PP investigate the payment while as you said, it's verified and confirmed address ::confused1: could you inform her feedback?

I would be worried, but I don't know what you can do right now besides wait and see. Since you shipped it with signature confirmation to a confirmed address, Paypal should cover you in case there was something fraudulent, under the seller protection policy. For now you probably just have to wait it out, though, and you may be out the money for a while as they investigate.

yes, this is why you should ALWAYS empty out your paypal account after each transaction; i've heard instances where the money can be frozen for months!

:yes: I have many paypal transactions - my BF usually takes care of it all for me. He always transfers out the $$ as soon as the person has paid.

I got this same email about two weeks ago after I sold an item. It was only about 179.00. The buyer just has to clear it up on their end. I wonder why they would wait 3 weeks to send this to you.

I too have had this happen to me - some 3 months later after the bag was sold for approximately $650, Paypal put my account into a minus but because l had sent the bag to a confirmed address and had tracking details and a signature for the item it was refunded back to me. However, they were the ones who lost out as the card for the echeque they had used for funding had been stolen from somebody else - so much for verification!!!!

If you have signature confirmation for the parcel and the buyer's address is confirmed then you should get your money back but that might take a while. This happened to me too but I was able to prove to paypal that the item was delivered so I got my money back but it took like 2 months for them to finish the "investigation".

Good luck, hope you'll get your money back soon.