'Maybelline Mousse' Products.... Your views?

tiny dancer

counting headlights
Jun 24, 2007
Hey ladies! :smile:

Im a fanatic when it comes to makeup and Im very curious about the Maybelline Mousse product range.

I have pale, combination skin and I wanted to know your thoughts on their mousse foundation - as id love to give it a whirl.

Also, has anyone got any feedback on their mousse blush and mousse eyeshadows?
I own one of each. I adore the blush! Its one of my fave products! But the eyeshadow is a bit tricky...
While I love the colour, I find them tricky to blend and they dont have much staying power.

Any thoughts on any of these products?

Hi

I have similar skin to your and I was looking at these products yesterday. There was a mousse, bronzer, highlighter, blush and eyeshadow. I liked the look of the blush and foundation but didn't have a great deal of time to test colours so didn't buy anything. I'd also like to know how the foundation is on a combination/oily skin, how it lasts and if powder is needed over the top. Hopefully someone can advise us!

I have the same skin to your and I use the dream matte mouse in 010 Ivory.. I really like the texture and I find it stays on for quite a long time. I definetly recommend it.

I have the same skin to your and I use the dream matte mouse in 010 Ivory.. I really like the texture and I find it stays on for quite a long time. I definetly recommend it.

I've just remembered that there's also a mousse concealer, have you tried that?
Do you wear powder over the foundation? Or is the foundation alone enough?

^ Yeah, I didn't like the eyeshadow either. It was such a pain in the neck to apply and then it didn't even look that good :nogood:

I was pleasantly surprised by the foundation. It felt kind of funky going on, but it dried to a smooth velvety texture and stayed nice all day. They don't have perfect good shade for me, otherwise I would use it more often.

The blush is my favorite. I don't know the names of them, but I have a peachy shade and a pinky-plum shade. I love them both, especially the peach. :yahoo:

The mousse foundation shades are all too dark (the range in Austria is limited) for me, even though I'm not that pale... when it comes to foundation I'd go for department store stuff, they usually have better color too for pale people

I'm not 100% sure, only breifly tried it on my hand but I don't think the bronzer is particularly sparkly.
I think I'm sold, going to go and purchase a few products tomorrow! Will report back when I've used them!

I have the blush in peach, and I loved it after getting it, but then I noticed that it looked kind of weird on me :confused1: maybe it was me not evening it out properly or using too much, I'm not sure. I feel like the color itself looks more natural, but the line between where the blush is and where there is no blush looks less natural, if that makes sense. I guess when I use a big brush and regular blush, little particles of blush is distributed to make the transition look more even. I realize that this probably doesn't make sense to anyone :P but I stopped using it. (that doesn't mean that it isn't a good product, it could very well just be me putting it on clumsily)

I wasn't impressed with this line at all. right now I am using Chanel's Double Perfection Compact, matte reflecting powder makeup. the color match is flawless and it wears all day and looks great. :tup:

I tried the foundation and the bronzer and they both looked extremely cakey on me(I have combo skin).I find them both drying and very hard to blend.And yeah, the bronzer is shimmery, but not too much.

i'm usually a department-store foundation only kinda girl but i decided to try the mousse foundation because my walgreens had a buy one get one free thing going on. i thought it was pretty horrible-made my skin dry and it looked incredibly cakey. didn't like it at all :tdown:

I bought a peachy pink blush from this line and athough the actual color is nice, it is VERY sparkley (enough so that my boyfriend even noticed) and i really dont like sparkles on my face like that