Decision time - pf advice needed!

Sep 7, 2006
Hello my fellow Dior ladies!

I realize I don't have anything in the Girly line... and I NEED something in it!

So I'm deciding between a small 8 x 4 pochette style messenger, with the long thick strap, and the camera reporter bag. Ideally, I'd love a Boston girly, but I missed out on those. :sad:

Help me decide between the two with pros and cons, pretty please? Thanks!

Hello my fellow Dior ladies!

I realize I don't have anything in the Girly line... and I NEED something in it!

So I'm deciding between a small 8 x 4 pochette style messenger, with the long thick strap, and the camera reporter bag. Ideally, I'd love a Boston girly, but I missed out on those. :sad:

Help me decide between the two with pros and cons, pretty please? Thanks!

Honey if you`d love a boston look out for it until you find it!:graucho: i would choose boston myself out of all those options! theyre not that rare! :yes:

second-ing nat here, though you might want to factor in the possibility of the canvas body/patent trimmings yellowing with time (a setback about the girly line).

if it's between the reporter and the pochette, my vote goes to the pochette i guess. pictures of the two would help in us giving our opinions to. ;)

Eww, yellowing with time? Why's that?

the pink and white canvas has tendency to get a kind of a yellowy shade with time...something similar to pale rose and blue balenciagas...and i am telling you it does not look good - thats the risk you have to agree to take when you buy one...some will some won`t...

oh and if i really ahve to choose from the two i vote for pochette as well !

Aha, thanks for that. The pochette is a sort of messenger style with a long thick strap, new. It does have light yellowing but I'm told it's NOT really visible and it's only on the back. The reporter is new as well, and over a $100 more expensive than the pochette. I'm wondering which would look better on me, coz I also don't want anything too overpowering, I'm 5' tall.

^ ITA with nattie! glue on flowers is just.. BAD!!! if my memory serves me right i think the camera bag style is pretty dainty and cute too if size/an overwhelming bag is an issue.

another thing to note is the condition of the flowers & butterfly. if i remember correctly, May (oh how i miss May! :sad:) used to mention in the authenticity thread about how the flowers should look pressed back and unfrayed as a gauge of how good the condition of the bag is. most second-hand girly bags seem to have flowers that have been carelessly abused, so you might want to just take note of that and make sure it's all in tip-top condition. ;)