Buying in USA tax free?

I wish we can just pay the price tag amount. LOL!

But, saving hundreds on taxes is already not a bad deal. Yes, you still have to pay a relatively small amount on shipping. Think about the % you only have to pay for shipping & the % you save on taxes!

lol... true!! :Pabout how much will shipping be??! around $50?~?~

lol... true!! :Pabout how much will shipping be??! around $50?~?~

That will be the max I think. I heard $40 for international. I paid $25 shipping from Chanel SF to VA address. Some dept. stores charge less than $20. But, sometimes you got to go with the boutique/dept. store as they carry different stock.

when you open a saks card, the 10% is not taken at the time of purchase its taken when you get your first statement. So you are really getting a good deal if you buy on the egc date and put the purchase on ur new card!!
I'm gonna try to get my bf to go with me and open up an acct that day for that extra 10%! haha

There is almost a Nordstrom everywhere in every state. Also they have NOrdstrom Racks as well. So if there is a Nordies in the same state- they wll charge tax. I used to get get items from other Neimans no tax, I am in MD and once the NM Last Call opened in Anne Arundel Milss0 there goes that.
Saks it just depends- there stuff is automated- cant figure that one out.

ALso I was just in the Chanel Boutique and was ordering some shoes- they did not have them in my size their, so I have to get them shipped from another store- guess what-NO SHIPPING and NO TAX, No Chanel Bout in MD and because the store was out of stock- "comp" shipping..
SO will get shoes at base price.. Saved a couple of dollars- now I can eat lunch and dinner for the week- shoes were 670.. lol

when you open a saks card, the 10% is not taken at the time of purchase its taken when you get your first statement. So you are really getting a good deal if you buy on the egc date and put the purchase on ur new card!!
I'm gonna try to get my bf to go with me and open up an acct that day for that extra 10%! haha
:tup: that was my plan too!!! :roflmfao:

Does anyone know which nordstroms will not charge sales tax if you have it shipped to VA?

if there's no nordstrom store in the whole state of VA I would think any Nordie could gift it to you tax free (with maybe exception of California....NM told me there's a state law in CA that prevents them from "gifting" to waive tax). You could probably call a Nordie and ask to be sure.

I'm going to NYC next month to buy my first chanel, do I need to have the bag shipped somewhere else to avoid taxes? Just curious. I just want to avoid the terrible sales tax in NYC!

if you are buying your bag from Saks NY they will ship it out of state without tax. Not sure what the policy is at Bloomies since I've never bought anything there. Chanel boutique in NY will ship it tax free if it's going to a state where there is no Chanel store. HTH!