Rec'd Email From Fraud Department...

MickMick

O.G.
Dec 22, 2006
Here are the facts...I ordered a purse from eBay.

After a couple of days, I didn't hear from the seller. I sent an email asking for a shipment date or notification. No response.

A week later I received this email from eBay.

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

If you have already paid for this item but have not received it, you should take all possible steps to receive reimbursement.

1. If an amicable resolution cannot be reached, the buyer can close their Item Not Received dispute and escalate it to a claim. If the transaction was paid for using PayPal and qualifies for PayPal Buyer Protection the claim will be routed to PayPal for review typically within 30 days. (
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/faq/itemnotreceivedprocess.html)
2. Stop payment with your bank if you paid by check.
3. Contact the Security Department of your credit card company to file a chargeback if you paid via credit card.
4. If you paid via Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400). eBay does not protect payments made via Western Union or MoneyGram per our Acceptable Payments Policy (
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html).
5. If you paid with PayPal, eligible transactions will receive coverage up to $200 at no additional cost. However, the majority of transactions may be covered up to $2,000. To file a claim with PayPal, login to your PayPal account and copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/protections-buyer-outside. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the File a Claim link. PayPal claims must be filed within 45 days of the close of the listing. It may take at least 30 days to complete the investigation and resolve the dispute.

Please do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received.

So, I arrived home today and I had a box waiting at the door for me. I no longer want this purse.

I made the mistake of calling eBay and Paypal about it and they are both giving me NO ANSWERS.

Please help me! How should I go about canceling this and not being taken for a ride?

Thanks!

Is the purse a fake? If so you need to report it. If not you agreed to purchase it and should do so. Just because a listing has been removed doesn't mean it is actually a fake (usually is but not always).

Why do you no longer want the bag?

You are really lucky, most people who's sellers get suspended don't get the item or their money back.

If you payed by credit card you may be able to go that route....can't think of anything else right off. You may wait it out a bit, sometimes the seller will get reinstated.

Goodluck.

There is NO RECORD of the auction on eBay! The seller doesn't exist.

I don't trust this transaction. The purse appears authentic, but after the entire fraudulent activity fiasco, it tainted my idea of the buyer AND the transaction. PLUS I did contact the seller about cancelling the item.

The same thing happened to me! I e-mailed the seller and asked what was going on and they said ebay suspended their account in error. It was for a pair of jeans, tho...only around $150. They were authentic. Eventually the seller was reinstated. I am getting really sick of ebay. I report fake bags all the time and they never do anything!!!

I am at the point where I don't even want to purchase major items from them. They need to get it together!

But here's the beauty of it. I don't have the lock for the purse. I can't get the danggone padlock open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try posting the bag in one of the Authenticate This forums here at tPF. If it is authentic you might feel differently about the bag and be happy to have it.

Besides, sometimes perfectly honest sellers have their accounts temporarily suspended for stupid reasons. It just happened to a great friend of mine who sells Disneyana. She did get it resolved and reinstated, but it took over a week and all her auctions (over 100) were cancelled in the meantime. All of the bidders and buyers she had at the time received the same email that you got.

This could just be one of the many glitches that Ebay is famous for.

ebay is just a mess, i've completely given up on it. for example, i received an e-mail from ebay the other day stating that my account had been suspended due to some of my recent activity. now this was news to me, since i wasn't even aware that i had an ebay account, and since i didn't remember i had one, i haven't logged into it for at least a few years i'd say, and so there's been no activity. i thought it was hilarious! :roflmfao:

I've received this notification before - sometimes the pull the listing right after it ends for ridulous reasons - the time it happened when I bought some clothing, i paid, then got that message. I emailed the seller, they apologized and let me know that ebay pulled the auction because they had a stock photo in their listing from another website. Item arrive in perfect condition. If the bag is authentic, i dont think you should worry. Email the seller and ask for a key.

ebay is just a mess, i've completely given up on it. for example, i received an e-mail from ebay the other day stating that my account had been suspended due to some of my recent activity. now this was news to me, since i wasn't even aware that i had an ebay account, and since i didn't remember i had one, i haven't logged into it for at least a few years i'd say, and so there's been no activity. i thought it was hilarious! :roflmfao:

Thats not ebay sending that - hope you didnt click on anything in it, because those emails are well known phishing scams.

Thats not ebay sending that - hope you didnt click on anything in it, because those emails are well known phishing scams.

there was nothing to click on-just the notification. i thought it was weird so i just ignored it-i didn't particularly care since i don't have paypal anyway so i have no real use for ebay-i think at the time i'd just wanted to have an account to watch stuff in for some weird reason :shrugs:

One of our buyers received this email and forwarded it to us. Our account wasn't suspended at all and when we contacted Ebay they said they didn't know anything about it.