Anyone ever put cardboard in their LVs?

LouisVObsession

An Hermes Addict
O.G.
Jan 14, 2007
I got fed up with my BV cos it keeps sagging to one side and the bottom part keeps "folding up" bcos its too soft. So I went and bought a cardboard and I cut it up and placed it inside the bottom of the bag. :idea: Now, the bag stands up straighter and the bottom is more structured.

Just thought I'd let ppl know in case others had the same problem :smile:

I have put things at the bottom of my bags to keep it from sagging like magazines, pack of spare nyons (for work), and car catalogues to name a few. But I'm getting my mom to make me leather "bottom" (like the ones on sale on ebay) so that it matches and is probably lighter than a magazine.

I have stuffed thing at the sides of my neo cabby to even it out, but cardboard would be a good idea. I should tell my daughter about this but she says she liks the sag on her ("my"...lol.) speedy

For my Mini Lin Speedy's to prevent the sag. I take a DVD case and open it up and place it on the bottom, it fits perfect. I have to admit I learned this trick here.

Some of my LVs (Popincourt Haut, MC Almas) were shipped out to me with cardboard pieces in them to help them maintain their shape during shipping. I stuck with LV's recommendation and keep the cardboard in the bags during storage to help the bag's maintain their shape. I don't care for the saggy/droopy bottom on my Speedy 35 so I use a piece of fabric covered cardboard in the bottom of the bag to prevent this.