Chicago Hermes

I was at H Chicago this week. Everyone there was super nice and very helpful. I was able to browse the leather books to my heart's content. They were able to show me a 35cm graphite clemence Birkin with PH, very nice but it was on hold for another client. I don't think it was really my color anyway but it's the first time I've carried a Birkin and I was able to determine that 35cm is a good size for me. I was able to try on several other bag styles too like the Bolide, Massai, and Evelyne. I ended up getting a scarf and a couple breakfast cups, so pretty. I definitely recommend the store. I can't wait to go back again. Maybe I'll have better timing next time. Apparently Birkins and Kellys come in pretty regularly.

Oh! I hope they have one for me to see this weekend ... not buying yet, but I really want to see a 30 or 35 size in person to be sure I know which one to look for:yes:

Scarlett: so glad you had a great time at the H in Chicago. I was there in July and ended up getting a birkin. The Kelly and Plume stock they had was pretty extensive, compared to SCP and Bev H.

Scarlett: so glad you had a great time at the H in Chicago. I was there in July and ended up getting a birkin. The Kelly and Plume stock they had was pretty extensive, compared to SCP and Bev H.

jehaga, lucky you. what kind of Birkin did you get, color, leather size??? I hope I get lucky my next visit which will be next year.

I got a 30cm rouge Potamus Box. It was that, or a 35cm vert anis kelly in chevre. The 35 was just too big for me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the Potamus yet. I've only used it once and may ask a reseller to sell it for me.

I am wondering if this is true.....yesterday I called Hermes and talked to Caroline and she told me that there is no longer a Birkin list and that I need to know exactly what I want and then when the bag comes in she would charge it to my account. What if I find the bag at another boutique and also I'm wondering if those rules are exclusively for me since I decided against a cognac ostrich Birkin when it came in a few days ago because I had bought a cognac ostrich Bolide in Florida a few months ago.

My husband wants me to go with him to chicago in 2 months. I would love to go to chicago again (its been a while since last time I was there), but not when the weather is cold. So I was thinking that I only want to go if he takes me to the chicago boutique.

I would like to know if the SAs are nice there or not. Is it worth visiting? or should I just stay at home and stay warm?

mods, i apologize if i post it in the wrong spot or if it is a duplicate to an old post.

My husband wants me to go with him to chicago in 2 months. I would love to go to chicago again (its been a while since last time I was there), but not when the weather is cold. So I was thinking that I only want to go if he takes me to the chicago boutique.

I would like to know if the SAs are nice there or not. Is it worth visiting? or should I just stay at home and stay warm?

mods, i apologize if i post it in the wrong spot or if it is a duplicate to an old post.

the chicago store is awful.........and the sales people are the worst. only boston rivals chicago for a waste of time. I am sure there are people with the opposite exerience but in my experience (and i have been there 3 or 4 times) its not a very fun store

the chicago store is awful.........and the sales people are the worst. only boston rivals chicago for a waste of time. I am sure there are people with the opposite exerience but in my experience (and i have been there 3 or 4 times) its not a very fun store

That was exactly my experience. I don't shop there anymore, even thought that's my home boutique. :tdown:

oh I don't think I want to hear this as I'm going to Chicago next week and was planning on visiting an Hermes store for the first time:crybaby:...I've been so excited about it too!! I have a wonderful SA at another store but it's not near Chicago and just want to experience a store 'in the real'..what makes it sooooo terrible????

Wow, really? I dropped in (for the first time) the other day, and a wonderful Latin gentleman helped me out. Of course, it may have helped that I expressed an interest in purchasing an Evelyn right off the bat...

me_love_purse, I would go try it out! Although I haven't been at the store, my DH was there to buy a tie (he forgot to pack his ties...he says...ya ya good excuse, I say :P). He found the SAs to be friendly and helpful.

The Chicago store is actually AWESOME, I would be happy to give you the names of some wonderful SA's if you PM me. They also usually have pretty good stock (several Kellys and 1 or 2 Birkins) in back.

There is only 1 SA that I disslike, the rest for the most part, are fantastic & helpful.