Valuable Articles Insurance

hey everyone, was just wondering if any of you have your precious H bags insured for safety reasons....since you never know....like the possibilities of it getting stolen, damaged, or the worst is not being able to get it replaced if something really really bad happens...(of course, hoping that H bags are durable enough to where nothing could happen) lol....well, i have my bags insured so that i feel more secure and confident!! especially when they're so expensive....it's important to takecare of them to the best of my ability....:tup:

I specifically called my insurance agent after I started getting into croc because the value of my collection is starting to get out of control. He stated I didn't need a specific policy for them that my home owners policy will cover it but he did tell me to take pictures.

What sort of policy would that fall under? Homeowner's or renter's insurance if god forbid, your bag is stolen from your home? Car insurance if your bag is stolen from your vehicle? Just curious :smile:

Hire an expert appraiser to do a thorough picture/text appraisal of each piece, then submit to your insurance agent and request an additional rider on your policy.

My ins. agent told me my homeowner's would suffice, but they just don't get the prices of these pieces. When I began to break it down to him, exact prices I mean, he coughed and said an additional rider on my policy would be suggested.

For pre-owned bags, etc., find an antiques or estate appraiser if you can't find an Hermes expert and provide them with pics, text, and some "proof of prices" (websites, those Japanese booklets are a start, receipts if applicable, etc.). After they look at the collection they'll put together a detailed appraisal. Submit it to your ins. agent, request the additional rider, then you're covered. The appraisers suggest doing it regularly (as prices increase, since recovery is at current prices).

HTH

Hire an expert appraiser to do a thorough picture/text appraisal of each piece, then submit to your insurance agent and request an additional rider on your policy.

My ins. agent told me my homeowner's would suffice, but they just don't get the prices of these pieces. When I began to break it down to him, exact prices I mean, he coughed and said an additional rider on my policy would be suggested.

For pre-owned bags, etc., find an antiques or estate appraiser if you can't find an Hermes expert and provide them with pics, text, and some "proof of prices" (websites, those Japanese booklets are a start, receipts if applicable, etc.). After they look at the collection they'll put together a detailed appraisal. Submit it to your ins. agent, request the additional rider, then you're covered. The appraisers suggest doing it regularly (as prices increase, since recovery is at current prices).

HTH

Thanks for the great breakdown, K! :yes:

:confused1: May I ask which insurance company was this? State Farm will not do an additional rider. Our fine jewelry/watches are insured with Chubb, and Fireman's Fund previously, but they don't insure handbags. We really want to get a seperate rider for them.