Well, I returned the Capsule Satchel

margarita

LOVBAGS
Mar 29, 2007
It took me some time to decide, but I returned the Capsule Paddy satchel... Some details of it like the round piece of leather around the decorative metal studs look somewhat sloppy for such an expensive bag. Also, the leather of the bag is soft unlike the Paddy, and does not look as plush and squishy. It has a tendency to create folds. But this is all IMHO! I am sure many TPF ladies' are crazy about this bag...

It's a shame because I absolutely adore the design of the bag with the chain and small padlock, and would not hesitate a minute to buy it again if it was done in the thicker Paddy leather....

Hmmmm. I just bought the Paddy satchel in the taller N/S version with the small chain/small padlock combo and it feels just like my Paddies from the past. Was yours the kind with the more "Bay-like" leather vs. Paddy leather??

Yes to your question, and I so like the Paddy leather, but this bag's leather is more like the Balenciaga leather, soft with the tendency to wrinkle. Only the flap in the front, over which the small chain/small padlock rests, is a tougher piece of leather. Interestingly the charcoal capsule seems to have thicker leather - mine was the chocolate. I might do something crazy, like trying to find one with a bit thicker leather...maybe I will be lucky...

My large "noir" version is in the Balenciaga type leather - which is also like the Bay leather of the large tote that I used to have. It is still beautiful leather- just different. I have worked with leather for years in the shoe business and the stuff that Chloe uses is top of the line no matter what the style. I don't even think about it. But if it is important to you to have the Paddy type leather - I sat for all this money hold out for what you want!

It is hard spending all that money (and typing after I have had too much wine - LOL!) Sit and think and try it on with lots of your outfits. Actually I am rethinking the SIZE of my capsule. I should have bought the medium that you did but my other sister - not susieserb - was a little negative about the medium on me what with my being so tall and all. She thought a larger bag would work better and that is true - I guess. SO - what it all ultimately means is that I will have to eventually get yet ANOTHER Chloe bag to round out the "collection". Lots of gals here are crazy for the Capsule satchel in medium but oddly - lots are also negative about the chain. Not moi!!

Oh, this is so interesting. I fell in love with the capsule when I saw it- the leather reminded me of something between Balenciaga and the Betty (and I love both so it was a win/win situation). But I have yet to take the plunge on this bag- although I am still really tempted.

Who else got the capsule??? What are your thoughts?? Pros/Cons???

Oh, this is so interesting. I fell in love with the capsule when I saw it- the leather reminded me of something between Balenciaga and the Betty (and I love both so it was a win/win situation). But I have yet to take the plunge on this bag- although I am still really tempted.

Who else got the capsule??? What are your thoughts?? Pros/Cons???

Was at Nordstroms today and took a look at the capsule again. I would say that the leather is defnitely different than the paddy. But....I like it. The leather is definitely not as smooth and "shiny??" like the paddy, it has some sort of "washed" look too it?! (don't know if I am using the right terms). The leather bag looks new and old at the same time, sort of like the Bay.

I probably will not get the large one...I am 5'7" and the large size, imo, is heavy and huge. The large satchel is really, really big irl. IMO, the medium size is perfect.

Am usually not a "chain" person, but this chain actually worked for me. BTW, something about the new, regular size padlocks, they are lighter, but...it does not "feel" right....The color and the look is a little off, for me. Don't know if it is just me! Oh, well...:okay:

NOOOO...just kidding, it seems like an amazing bag...but something about it looked iffy to me to...buy doesn't it just break your heart when a bag doesn't meet your standards!

Great to hear from all of you tpfrs. I still like the Capsule, however, I am
5' 7", with a small frame. The medium Paddy is just my size, but the Capsule is a tad too long. But I wonder if it has a chance of becoming a classic, like the Paddy. I am not too sure....

I bought a tote in early spring that had unique leather and I noticed that the newer bag styles have it too. No need to worry - It is lighter and smells absolutely intoxicating. And very huggable...this paddy brought me much comfort on an airplane ride to Vegas earlier this year!:tup:

Attachments

• IMG_0097_1_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0097_1_1_1.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0100_2_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0100_2_1_1.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0101trim.jpg
    IMG_0101trim.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg