Say It Isn't So!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*jazzybelle*

Viva Vuitton!
O.G.
May 28, 2006
In another thread, one lovely lady commented that Louis Vuitton's most popular line - the Mono Canvas, of course - is essentially coated canvas. For some reason, I thought that Mono/Damier/Azur/MC/etc. were a leather that was treated to give the appearance of canvas and then coated to protect it.

Are you saying that my Mono bags are just really fancy Antigua??? :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

OH!! Sorry to have broken your heart! But if you read the link, the canvas is really VERY good quality! And, it is said to be more durable than leather! Chin up!!

Why does it bother you? Why is animal skin better? Leather is so overrated. LV coated canvas lasts for decades and is easier to care for.

One of the reasons LV was such a success was BECAUSE of the canvas.
It holds up in the bad weather, no worries of it rotting or molding in the rain (like leather) and it was so much lighter and easier to handle.
I enjoy leather, don't get me wrong, but there is a LOT to be said for a classy piece of canvas!

When I first got into LV I was also a little shocked that it was so much money for non-leather. But LV bags are so lovely that it doesn't bother me. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.