Paypal claim.How to destroy and discard and obtain document confirm item destruction

jrhyle

Jul 22, 2007
Hello you guys, I hope you can all help me out here. I've been battling for this claim since July and now Paypal (see below) wants me to destroy and discard the FAKE CHLOE I bought off e-bay. How/where do I get a document confirming the item's destruction. I used my poupette the last time to verify non-authenticity and now this .... it's giving me a real headache. Anyone here who has already experienced making a claim? Please help me!!! Thanks! :crybaby:

----------
In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we require that you destroy and discard the item in question and provide PayPal with a document confirming the items destruction. Please sign and date the document provided below, and return it to PayPal via fax, at 08707 303 196.

We must receive your fax within three days from the date of this message in order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not receive your fax within three days, your claim will be cancelled. We regret that we are unable to grant extensions beyond three days. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining or providing the requested documents. The document may be supplied to the seller in your dispute if necessary.

Yes, that's what I thought at first. But I'm also wondering whether I should send it somewhere else who will destroy the item for me and provide certification .... not sure really, just don't want to mess things up. Thanks for your reply.

Hello you guys, I hope you can all help me out here. I've been battling for this claim since July and now Paypal (see below) wants me to destroy and discard the FAKE CHLOE I bought off e-bay. How/where do I get a document confirming the item's destruction. I used my poupette the last time to verify non-authenticity and now this .... it's giving me a real headache. Anyone here who has already experienced making a claim? Please help me!!! Thanks! :crybaby:

----------
In order to continue with the investigation of your claim, we require that you destroy and discard the item in question and provide PayPal with a document confirming the items destruction. Please sign and date the document provided below, and return it to PayPal via fax, at 08707 303 196.

We must receive your fax within three days from the date of this message in order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not receive your fax within three days, your claim will be cancelled. We regret that we are unable to grant extensions beyond three days. Please note that PayPal is unable to reimburse you for any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining or providing the requested documents. The document may be supplied to the seller in your dispute if necessary.

Why don't you call and ask them exactly what it is you're supposed to do with the bag? I wouldn't know either where to take it and prove it.

I think I've seen a thread about it some time ago (June or July?)... as I remember all they want is that you sign & fax them the document they provide (pretty much just a fomality), but better you search for that thread to make sure.

----------

This is really odd. Why would Paypal care if the item is destroyed? :confused1:

Did you receive this communication via a legitimate source (e.g. via your confirmed email with Paypal or via my.ebay?)

Paypal is a US company, now owned by eBay, another US company. The fax number is not a US fax number.

:confused1:

I would just use the form they are talking about. Plus, I wouldn't even think of destroying the bag until the claim is over. Knowing paypal, you will destroy it and they will later ask for you to return the item. Be VERY CAREFUL with paypal

call and tell them you want to speak to a manager...the rep who answers will tell you maybe i can help you tell them NO thank you i need to speaker to a manager and then ask what they want you to do with the bag excatly. Get their name and extension number if any problem come back you can call that person directly

call and tell them you want to speak to a manager...the rep who answers will tell you maybe i can help you tell them NO thank you i need to speaker to a manager and then ask what they want you to do with the bag excatly. Get their name and extension number if any problem come back you can call that person directly
This is what I would do. I would think that PP wants you to destroy and discard the item since it is illegal to sell in the first place, and they don't want to chance that you will turna around a resell it. I am not saying that you would, but PP doesn't know you...

Hi thanks for the reply, they have actually launched PAYPAL Europe a few months ago, so I guess transactions pertaining to UK are now being dealt by them.

This is really odd. Why would Paypal care if the item is destroyed? :confused1:

Did you receive this communication via a legitimate source (e.g. via your confirmed email with Paypal or via my.ebay?)

Paypal is a US company, now owned by eBay, another US company. The fax number is not a US fax number.

:confused1: