Rachel Zoe!

coachwife6

O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
Wasn't sure whether to put this in celebrities or fashion section:

Rachel Zoe and Anna Wintour smackdown!

File this under the Oh no she didn't category!

Stylist Rachel Zoe, who gets paid $6000 a day by her emaciated celeb clients, lets loose in a New York Times piece called "Being Rachel Zoe."

She thinks very highly of herself:

“Anna Wintour is one of my heroes, but they say that I’m more influential. As great as it is, Vogue won’t change a designer’s business. But if an unknown brand is worn by a certain person in a tabloid, it will be the biggest designer within a week."

NO MAM! She went there...

She also says, "Nicole (Richie) was about creating a look. Because of her fashion sense, which was really my fashion sense, she became famous. It was a huge moment: Nicole became a style icon without being a star."

SLAM!

http://shopping.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/rachel_zoe_and_anna_wintour_sm.html

Let me get this right...this GIRL is 36 ???, And she has made NR's style ??, WTF NR's style is a vintage look similar to Jackie O, This Rachel Girl has only been around 36 years on this planet, how on earth has she made a style...more like copied one.

Let me get this right...this GIRL is 36 ???, And she has made NR's style ??, WTF NR's style is a vintage look similar to Jackie O, This Rachel Girl has only been around 36 years on this planet, how on earth has she made a style...more like copied one.
LOL!!! Good point Socialite!
hmm she's still claiming she's 36? I say more like 46...

Rachel Zoe is a stain on the fashion industry. What kind of influence/talent does it take to dress a slew of emaciated girls just like her? Laughable. I am sure the great Wintour will ice her out whenever possible. She is truly powerful and influential and will go down as a legend in the fashion industry following such greats as Diana Vreeland, etc...I even heard that many, including Prada, would not participate or lend clothes to filming of The Devil Wears Prada because Wintour sent out a message that they would truly annoy her if they did. That is power...I think and hope this Rachel Zoe and her whole "look" is over soon. Boo to Harvey Weinstein for tapping her to be creative head of the recently purchased Halston brand. She will surely ruin any reputation the name once had.

I even heard that many, including Prada, would not participate or lend clothes to filming of The Devil Wears Prada because Wintour sent out a message that they would truly annoy her if they did. That is power...I think and hope this Rachel Zoe and her whole "look" is over soon.

Me too. But.........
I just watched the movie and there are lots of Prada items featured front and center. Oh and Hermes, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein and Valentino.
You are totally right about her being a stain on the industry. There is nothing unique about anything she does.

Hmmm... I don't think she insulted her. She called Anna her Hero. She also said "THEY say I'm more influential", Not "I THINK I'm more influential". Vogue IS the "fashion bible", but she's right in that if a star is wearing a garment or purse in US weekly it has way more of a chance of selling out cause more people (especially the younger, impressionable I- gotta -have that- cause- a- celebrity- is -wearing -it crowd) are gonna see it.

I even heard that many, including Prada, would not participate or lend clothes to filming of The Devil Wears Prada because Wintour sent out a message that they would truly annoy her if they did. That is power...I think and hope this Rachel Zoe and her whole "look" is over soon.

Me too. But.........
I just watched the movie and there are lots of Prada items featured front and center. Oh and Hermes, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Calvin Klein and Valentino.
You are totally right about her being a stain on the industry. There is nothing unique about anything she does.
Right...but not current season of filming...they had to get things from secondary sources, not designer direct.

I put my money on Anna Wintour:biguns:

Rachel is not smart at all, but does she not know that Anna is on a different level, they find Holylwood style "DECLASSE":yes:.

The stylish socialite types would not be caught dead in
the clothes the actresses wear.