luxeluxe

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
It was indeed going to be this:
artbook_1967_231749004

and now they have changed it to this:

42_multiple.jpg

LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called the Visionaire offices this morning (right now) and they said 'yes, it was going to be the envelope but they changed it' (i forgot to ask why).

She said, but it is very nice. I asked how it opened, she said 'like issue #49, decades', but she had a hard time describing it, so did the sales manager I followed up with, and i haven't been able to find a photo of what issue #49 looks like. I am soooo pissed. I wanted to use it as a laptop sleeve.

She said it was no longer going to be the miroir material, that going to be a hard material, 'a luxury book cover', whatever the h--- *that* means. talk about lame. wow.

[email protected]

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

WTH! URG!
Well maybe they should have thought of that before putting up a picture of a proper Miroir cover and leading us to believe it was that and now they decided to change it?!?
I'm canceling my order.
How stupid.
It was ment to be my christmas present aswell!

I am so mad. I was *really* looking forward to it. I was gonna have the most awesome laptop sleeve ever. They suck.

Why in the heck did they change it? what, it was going to be too expensive? it's PVC for goodness sake! Jerks.

I am so mad. I was *really* looking forward to it. I was gonna have the most awesome laptop sleeve ever. They suck.

maybe they had production issues with the Mirroir material. maybe they ran out of material because they're releasing a new Mirroir bag :graucho:

they'll suck some more if they kept the US$375 pricetag.

maybe they had production issues with the Mirroir material. maybe they ran out of material because they're releasing a new Mirroir bag

they'll suck some more if they kept the US$375 pricetag.

They are keeping the $375 price tag. I am going to email them and let them know i'm cancelling my order. You guys should email them too. Not that it will do anything, b/c it's not like they're going to release another LV issue in the next few years, but still.

Thanks for posting!

I did send them a mail, but I have yet to receive a reply. Anyways, now that this is clear, I'm cancelling. Oh well...

Umm.. I'm still wondering what hard case means though. If it's cardboard, I don't want it, but if it's metal or wood or whatever, it might not be that bad if it's separate. I would think the measurements would still be the same and that it's still removable?

luxeluxe;

but maybe they'll do an hermes issue. ;)

Oh, I did find a picture of Decades:

It doesent state which material it is in though...

41Ej-ZOed5L._SS500_.jpg

Book Description
Visionaire is a multi-format fashion and art publication released thrice yearly as collectible limited editions. Past editions have been produced collaboratively with such corporate luminaries as Tiffany's, HermAs and Sony. Each issue features a new format and subject matter. In the upcoming Decades edition, the world's foremost photographers find inspiration in the fashion and cultural phenomena of the past 120 years, the era spanning from 1886 to 2006. Each photographer presents his or her own interpretation of a single decade in a large-scale portfolio of images. The 13 portfolios are housed in a luxurious clamshell case ideal for presenting the edition's unique size and format. Flip through the pages to see history through contemporary eyes and to witness how today's image-makers draw on the artistic and cultural innovations, as well as the inspiring personalities, of the past to capture each era's distinctive style. Contributors include Bruce Weber, Steven Meisel, Mario Testino, Nick Knight, Karl Lagerfeld, David Sims, Glen Luchford and more

And I can't believe they didn't spell hermès correctly. :P This is even amazon in CANADA they should be able to get the french letters right.

http://www.amazon.ca/Visionaire-49-...6436046?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190043705&sr=8-1

Liberté;3943500 said:
Thanks for posting!

I did send them a mail, but I have yet to receive a reply. Anyways, now that this is clear, I'm cancelling. Oh well...

Umm.. I'm still wondering what hard case means though. If it's cardboard, I don't want it, but if it's metal or wood or whatever, it might not be that bad if it's separate. I would think the measurements would still be the same and that it's still removable?

luxeluxe;

but maybe they'll do an hermes issue. ;)

i think they meant hard-bound book with a cardboard sleeve. which is a bit too overpriced at $375. they've collaborated with Hermes at least a couple of times already. issue #32 which is a tan leather case for the portfolio. the one before to that is #26 which comes with a silk mask. i believe #52 is their third collaboration with LV.