Food Share your REALLY easy recipes for anything

Oooh I love this thread!

If you like s'mores, but don't have a campfire...

1 graham cracker piece
marshmallow fluff
chocolate chips

spread fluff on cracker and sprinkle with chips. Toast in a toaster oven until chips are warm
take out of toaster and use knife to spread together.
better than a microwave because the cracker gets toasted and the marshmallow can be toasted.
Delicious!

I've tried the PB cookies recipe before then forgot about it. I'm using it for the potluck we have next week. That recipe is too easy and will feed many!

We don't have marshmallow fluff here in Australia :crybaby:.
I lived in the US for a year once, and what I missed most was marshmallow fluff and the jelly bellys that were available at the supermarket for cheap (here they're insanely expensive being imported and all... I always buy a measly bag and savour each bean).

Here's one for great chicken!!

Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Serves 2

Rub:
1 minced clove garlic
2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

chicken:
2 chicken breasts or strips (boneless & skinless)
1 medium onion sliced 1 inch thick
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Combine the garlic, rosemary and 2 tablespoons of oil. Rub the chicken all over with the rosemary mixture. Cover and refrigerate (or not) 3 hours or more. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the onion slices on the bottom of a small roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the onions. Pour the vinegar over the chicken. Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.

Have rice, pasta, potato, or salad and dig in!:tup:

Wow, this sounds amazing!

Super easy fudge? 1 package milk chocolate chips and 1 can condensed milk. Stick them in a bowl and microwave for 30 second increments until melted. Stir well then put in an 8x8 pan and put in the fridge. Solidifies within an hour, stays nice and hard. I could never make fudge until I found this recipe, and it is INCREDIBLE! Tastes like good on Branson fudge!

I've tried the fudge and DH liked it, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Southwest Crockpot Chicken

1 can corn kernals, undrained;
1 can black beans, undrained;
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts;
1-12 or 16 oz jar of salsa (depending on how thick you want the mix).

Pour above into crock pot; simmer for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is cooked.

Add 1 brick of cream cheese, and simmer for another 30 minutes.

Serve on soft tortillas, or over taco chips, or as a stew.

it's not really my recipe.. but this one's quick and really easy :smile:

broiled tilapia parmesan
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
  • 2 pounds tilapia fillets
  1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
  3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.
source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Tilapia-Parmesan/Detail.aspx

I've got a amazing crock pot chicken recipe too!

legs and or thighs
one bottle of salad dressing like: Italian,sun dried tomato and oragano ect...
nothing creamy though.

all in the crock pot till cooked 3 hours or so on high, and you have amazing chicken that can be pulled apart for buns or kept whole with a salad.
Yum we had this two nights ago and it always gets rave reviews to everyone I feed it too!

Pork Chops:

You will need - ketchup, mustard, brown sugar.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Take the three ingredients.

Mix them together and smear them all over both sides of the chop.

Bake for 45 minutes.

^^^ what ratio of the ingredients do you use? Someone at work mentioned ketchup with porkchops, but I was hesitant...but the other ingredients, make it seem more complex.

A SUPER easy peanut butter cookie with an easier clean up I recently discovered is....

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Yep, that's it. Simply mix all the ingredients, roll into small balls, drop on a cookie sheet and cross criss each ball with a fork to smash down. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Makes 18-24 cookies.

I love this recipe....fresh, homemade cookies in less than 20 minutes from start to clean up.

How could this work? was my first reaction. There's no flour, I said to myself. It can't work! It's too easy. So after arguing with myself, I made them... and I ate them. They are divine. Thank you for sharing MaxHavoc.

Amazing Chinese black bean sauce to pour over any steamed/broiled/grilled white fish (Chilean Sea Bass preferred!)

Sautee
1/3 cup finely chopped ginger (brunoise?)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
1/3 cup finely chopped garlic
in a skillet/pan with 1T sesame oil until sugar is dissolved and shallots are translucent.

Then add 2 cups chicken broth, 3/4 cup soy sauce and boil down to 1/2 the volume.

Add 1/2 cup Asian fermented black beans (washed and chopped).

Voila, drizzle over fish and serve. Completely TDF!!!

By really easy I mean reeeaaally easy.

For me, my easiest fix for a sweet tooth is 'mochi', a japanese sticky rice ball usually filled with red bean or other things (i'm only familiar with red bean). Traditional variations of this dessert is quite complicated to make but my cheat's way only takes 4 minutes... hehe.

Basically, you want a ratio of 1 glutinous rice flour: 1 water and: 1/3 of sugar. Mix it well and put it in the microwave on high for 4 minutes. It should come out just like mochi! Then pour red bean paste in it.

It doesn't look anything like it, but it tastes just as good :smile:.

Is the red bean paste in a jar, like the fermented beans? We'll try this...we love mochi.

Here's my easy recipe for one of my favorite snacks:

Frozen Edamames (soy beans, still in their pods)
sesame oil
salt

Place beans in microwavable bowl. Cover with water. Heat in microwave for two minutes, or until hot.

Drain water. Add splash of sesame oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss. Enjoy!

I've got a amazing crock pot chicken recipe too!

legs and or thighs
one bottle of salad dressing like: Italian,sun dried tomato and oragano ect...
nothing creamy though.

all in the crock pot till cooked 3 hours or so on high, and you have amazing chicken that can be pulled apart for buns or kept whole with a salad.
Yum we had this two nights ago and it always gets rave reviews to everyone I feed it too!

Wow, this is super easy! I'm going to definitely give it a try.

here's a SUPER easy dessert...when you don't want to use the stove or oven.

two scoops of mocha almond fudge ice cream (or any one of your choice)
ladyfinger biscuits
kahlua liquor or bailey's irish cream
powdered chocolate

put the two scoops of ice cream in a deep single serve bowl. wedge as many ladyfingers into the ice cream as you want. drizzle the kahlua (or irsh cream) over the ice cream and biscuits. sprinkle powdered chocolate on top.

then eat it fast before anyone sees you otherwise they will dig in too.