How much would you pay for a Columbus ???

moonballoon

Aug 26, 2007
Please, let me ask you something. I've spotted a beige leather Columbus on ebay.fr. Looks fine, and the extra prics I asked for show the bag is a real dior stuff (see the pics attached below). I found it would be interesting to add a Columbus to my Dior collection, so I asked the seller for her reserve price. And she replied .... €850 (US $1180) :shocked: ... more than a second hand double gaucho.... !!
Do you think it's a fair price for a bag which is not far from being considered as a vintage ? Do you think it worths more than $650?? I'm a bit confused and even if I won't bid, I'd like to have opinions on its current value. TIA for your trusted contributions :smile:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170146943414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

Attachments

• columbus1.jpg
    columbus1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 58
  • columbus2.jpg
    columbus2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 48
  • columbus3.jpg
    columbus3.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 50
Please, let me ask you something. I've spotted a beige leather Columbus on ebay.fr. Looks fine, and the extra prics I asked for show the bag is a real dior stuff (see the pics attached below). I found it would be interesting to add a Columbus to my Dior collection, so I asked the seller for her reserve price. And she replied .... €850 (US $1180) :shocked: ... more than a second hand double gaucho.... !!
Do you think it's a fair price for a bag which is not far from being considered as a vintage ? Do you think it worths more than $650?? I'm a bit confused and even if I won't bid, I'd like to have opinions on its current value. TIA for your trusted contributions :smile:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170146943414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007
Can't say I would pay that much for it now.

The outlets would probably have some much cheaper than that.

Check out LadyDior's outlet album and see if you can spot one :smile:

Can't say I would pay that much for it now.

The outlets would probably have some much cheaper than that.

Check out LadyDior's outlet album and see if you can spot one :smile:

A friend of mine got a similar one on ebay for €400 (around US $600) in 2006. Lucky lady ...

Must forget about the outlet! Prices are interesting, but after adding shipping charges and duties, they aren't anymore... No, the seller won't find any buyer for such an amount. Hope she will relist the bag for a lower price so could place a bid... unless I find something else... like another gaucho !!!:nuts:

A friend of mine got a similar one on ebay for €400 (around US $600) in 2006. Lucky lady ...

Must forget about the outlet! Prices are interesting, but after adding shipping charges and duties, they aren't anymore... No, the seller won't find any buyer for such an amount. Hope she will relist the bag for a lower price so could place a bid... unless I find something else... like another gaucho !!!:nuts:
Keep your eye out they come up every now and again.

Some people also list them as street chic so search that too.

that's insane! i'd say be patient and wait for a better deal instead, especially since i recall seeing some of those selling for half of the price quoted on ebay previously.

I would pay max £150 if Im in the right mood - lol

yes I dunno sometimes I get all razy and bid at crazy prices other times I'm not to bothered.