The abandoned monkey who has found love with a pigeon

RoseMary

O.G.
Nov 3, 2005
The abandoned monkey who has found love with a pigeon

They're an odd couple in every sense but a monkey and a pigeon have become inseparable at an animal sanctuary in China.

The 12-week-old macaque - who was abandoned by his mother - was close to death when it was rescued on Neilingding Island, in Goangdong Province.

After being taken to an animal hospital his health began to improve but he seemed spiritless - until he developed a friendship with a white pigeon.

attachment.php

The macaque nestles his head against his feathered friend

The blossoming relationship helped to revive the macaque who has developed a new lease of life, say staff at the sanctuary.

Now the unlikely duo are never far from each other's side, but they aren't the only ones to strike up an unusual friendship.

Earlier this year a pig adopted a tiger cub and raised him along with her piglets because his mother couldn't feed him.
And in 2005 a baby dear named Mi-Lu befriended lurcher Geoffrey at the Knowsley Animal Park in Merseyside after she was rejected by her mother.

(Daily Mail)

awwwwwww!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Attachments

• monkeypigPHTSHT1309_468x325.jpg
    monkeypigPHTSHT1309_468x325.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 202
That is so totally sweet!!!... and since when is Ellen doing new episodes??! LOL - I thought we were still on repeats!!

I have a weird fear/dislike of monkeys but that melts even my heart. So sweet!
I have a fear of pigeons, and I found this adorable!

I love reading about unlikely friendships between animals. Thanks for posting!

A baboon befriended a chicken at a Lithuanian zoo.

Baboon adopts a chicken at Lithuanian zoo

Reuters - Friday, September 14 02:04 pm
VILNIUS (Reuters) - A lonely baboon in a private Lithuanian zoo has adopted a chicken he saved from certain death last month and the two have formed a fast friendship, the zoo's director said on Friday.

The chicken was intended as food for other animals in the zoo, but escaped and was sheltered by Mitis, a six-year-old Hamadryas Baboon, Edvardas Legeckas, who runs the zoo near the port city Klaipeda in western Lithuania, told Reuters.
Mitis has been fed chicken meat before, but this time he fell in love with his food, Legeckas said.
"He plays with the chicken, cleans its feathers, sleeps with it, and takes care as if it was his own baby child," the zoo director said.
"But I am not sure how long this affair would last, because baboon may finally realise this is food."
Baboons, with their distinctive long dog-like muzzles and heavy powerful jaws, are omnivorous, but usually prefer fruit. In the wild, they live in close-knit social groups.
"Obviously this baboon needed someone to communicate with," the director said.

(http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070914/tod-uk-lithuania-chicken-b7e5c6f_1.html)