help! pricing for Hayden Harnett mercer satchel?

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
okay, so i just got my Mercer...i'm not fond of the color. it just doesn't go with my wardrobe :sad:

i want to sell it somewhere (maybe not ebay since i dont know if itd sell well there, unless you have experience otherwise!), but i wanted to get an idea of how much.

do you gals have any suggestions? thanks!

I also got the grey, though unlike you I love it, probably because it does go with my wardrobe. It's a very nice bag.

I think you'd do best on ebay, honestly. Maybe someone more familiar with that service will see this and give you some guidance. I've never used it.

Another option is to give someone you love a really nice gift! I have a sister and a niece who reap the benefit of shoes and bags I don't like enough to keep. Maybe you have a sister or Mom who might like the bag?

I would sell it on ebay with a BIN of $175ish. I think if you sold it for any more than $200 it would be sleazy. No offense, I just hate it when people buy clearance bags and sell them for profit. I know that's not the case with you, but still... JMHO

You might hang on to it for awhile if you're trying Ebay. They might be overrun with HH bags right now, but after that I'd list it with a starting price of $50.00 and just let it go up. Those HH bags usually sell for at least $150.00 You could always have a reserve price you would not sell under.

one of the ladies suggested i post here:

okay, so i just got my Mercer...i'm not fond of the color. it just doesn't go with my wardrobe :sad:

i want to sell it somewhere (maybe not ebay since i dont know if itd sell well there, unless you have experience otherwise!), but i wanted to get an idea of how much.

do you gals have any suggestions? thanks!

Why not just return it? I got a Mercer on sale & hated it. I sent it back along the a Lido wristlet I got. If I don't love it I don't keep it. Is it past the return time?

as a new member, please make sure that you have read this WARNING from one of the moderators.

LINK:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chloe/warning-thinking-of-selling-threads-128023.html
post_old.gif
May 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM #1 jag

[/B]]

icon4.gif
WARNING! Thinking of Selling Threads
I have noticed a lot of these lately, and while there is nothing wrong with contemplating selling a bag, I have noticed that many of these threads are beginning to make hints of selling. And in fact, I have had to edit and erase some posts that are outright offers to sell/buy.

let me be very clear. There is absolutely no buying or selling on the PF, and it is a bannable offense!

I will begin deleting threads if necessary that turn into solicitations for sale. It is just becoming way too common lately.

We ask that everyone read and abide the rules of the PF if you choose to participate in the forum.

post_old.gif
May 3rd, 2007, 12:36 PM #2 chloe-babe

icon1.gif
Re: WARNING! Thinking of Selling Threads
Yep, its a weird question to ask, as if you really wanted to find out, you would watch similar items on ebay to see what prices are going for!.

I agree, it can easily come across as sniffing for customers (intentionally or not

And some of us who have a couple of HH bags on eBay will be losing money, because we DID pay more than what they sold for in the last two sales. But that's just the way it is... I'm more interested in making room in my closet than making money, although that would be a nice touch.

I think right now, you may get what you paid for it but who knows? If I were you, I would be happy if I got $125 for it, still, it's almost breaking even. eBay is funny though, you may get much more but not right now IMO.

I just edited your thread.
If you want advice there's really no need to inlcude all that extra info. . . we don't allow people to describe the bag so much as it leads to prohibited soliciting.