How Many Birkins do Hemres Produce Per Year....

PA, good question. I read somewhere on how many bags Hermes makes a year (not just Birkins) and it's a low number in comparison to other companies bags that are mass produced. I can't remember what the number was though, and I don't want to answer incorrectly.

Yeah, it's 5 Birkins a week, per atelier. Hermes currently has 12 maroquinerie ateliers in France. So, given that the whole of France goes on vacation for the whole of August (by law), that's about 48 weeks, so that comes to 2,880 Birkins. :nuts: But it's still not enough!

Craftspeople
birkin 14hrs
40hr week
so
3 birkins per week per craftsperson
x200

600 approx per week

still adds up to a lot
they pay 600 aus dollars per croc skin
so there quids in really

wonder if the quality is going to go
opening all these extra boutiques

Yeah, it's 5 Birkins a week, per atelier. Hermes currently has 12 maroquinerie ateliers in France. So, given that the whole of France goes on vacation for the whole of August (by law), that's about 48 weeks, so that comes to 2,880 Birkins. :nuts: But it's still not enough!

No, that statistic is old...they have more in production now...there was an article about it a few months back, and everyone was complaining that the quality would suffer, or that the bag would no longer so so exclusive. I'll try and dig it up.