so upset...

angel81chick

Jan 25, 2007
I was walking through the mall the other day, and I saw my mary jane t-strap shoes completely knocked-off by Steve Madden.

My poor chloes.....:cursing:

Is it me, or do you feel like shoes aren't even safe from being "faked" anymore? :crybaby:

UGH I really hate this! but it is something that just cant be avoided unfortunately. Even Gucci do "inspired" versions of CL's.

The only thing to do is be happy in the fact that you have the original and no matter how hard they try to copy there is ALWAYS a difference in cut/quality and they will never compare or be exactly the same as the real deal!

....mind you I still have grumble when I see them lol.

Everyone knocks off high end brands. I saw some cute shoes at Nine West, as they looked pretty familiar. Realized they were a complete and utter Chanel knockoff, and couldn't bring myself to buy them. Sad.

I used to get upset about this too but not anymore.There are people out there that wants to wear designer brand name shoes but don't have the money to purchase one so Steve Madden and Nine West have similar designs at affordable prices. I have the real one so why should I get upset about other brands making copies? I think what they do is great. Everyone could look like a fashionista, not only the ones who could afford them.

I used to get upset about this too but not anymore.There are people out there that wants to wear designer brand name shoes but don't have the money to purchase one so Steve Madden and Nine West have similar designs at affordable prices. I have the real one so why should I get upset about other brands making copies? I think what they do is great. Everyone could look like a fashionista, not only the ones who could afford them.

True. And I'd much rather see people buy the copies than actual fakes.

I bought a pair of Oh Deers at Ross for $12. :shame:
I didn't really know about CLs at the time. I am slightly embarrassed to wear them now that I know they are copies, but at least they aren't FAKE, KWIM? I'm not trying to pass them off as anything they're not.

I also own a lot of Steve Maddens. I have no idea whether or not they are copies; I don't know much about high-end shoes.

I wouldn't worry about it. Most people really aren't willing to pay $300 and up for shoes. Most people I know think $100 is a lot for a pair of shoes. The originals are the trend setters.

Yeah, that's what i tell myself, at least i know the that one's i own are the real deal.

I like some of their shoes, but i was just really irked this time....I dont know...but sad that there are copies of everything now, :sad:

You have a really good point there. :tup:

I'd rather see inspired LV multi-colored bags than some of the nasty cheap ugly copies I see people (esp. teenagers) running around with.