Hermes and Friends ...

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
Someone very recently commented how great it is to be able to shop at the same Hermes store, with friends; and I can't agree more. It makes every trip to our store more real, warmer and often full of laughter. Our SAs are so used to us, even poking fun once in awhile. How many of you prefer to shop alone versus shopping in company?

I was however asked in private, wouldn't that cause a problem, if more than one of us like the same thing and must have the same thing? And if I would compete? And would I mind of others want the same things as I have.
Or would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag with the exact same combo?

I thought I'd just post this for discussion. So, please share your points of view and your own experiences.

Here are my answers to my own questions:-

Shop alone versus shop in company?
I prefer to shop in company, so we can have lunch together after that. Well, sometimes it's breakfast first, then straight to our store. There are of course, occasions where I pop into my store whilst I wait for my kids to finish up classes. Even so, I will buzz a friend to see if she's in the vicinity.

Wouldn't shopping with friends cause a problem, if more than one of us like the same thing and must have the same thing? And if I would compete? Or would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag with the exact same combo?
With friends, no. I have no qualms about friends wanting the same thing. If I know a friend wants something bad enough, I will even let her have it. This has actually happened before. There was also occasion that I thought a friend might like something, and I bought it first for her. Turned out that she didn't like it, I returned the item and chose something else for myself.

Amongst the group of H friends, we own similar things and we seem fine with it. I can name a whole list of things even!

Would I compete? Life's too short to get angsty over stuff like this.

And would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag? Not a bit. If it makes them happy why not?! If the situation is turned, and I like the exact same bag as one of my friends, I will ask her first if it's OK. I know I am not obliged to "seek permission" but I know that when I do, my friends will appreciate my gesture.

Let's see what the rest of you think.

:heart:

I can go either way, I always know if I like something right away, so the only time shopping with a friend is hard is if they are very indecisive and can not make up their mind for hours!

I would love to shop in company but the timing is always not right. :sad: Someone mentioned about the store being so quiet when she was there and I sometimes felt that way too. I love having a party in the store so that's usually when I joined the SG ladies for lunches / dinners then shopping at the store. DH thinks I took too many annual leaves just for the gatherings and occasional events but I love it! In short, I love :heart: my friends!!

Wouldn't shopping with friends cause a problem, if more than one of us like the same thing and must have the same thing? And if I would compete? Or would I mind if someone wants the exact same bag with the exact same combo?

I totally agree with MrsS about this. I feel that if I can make a friend happy why not? I always offer my friends overseas if I could help enable something that they're interested but not available in their country (and they'll do the same). And if I know she's looking for something, I would have no qualm buying it for her first (which I did for my bestie)!

I don't feel competition is necessary. The things are there for people to buy. If you can't get it in the store you frequent then buy it somewhere else (in another ctry or from resellers). No one is going to die w/o that item.

With the SG group, we have so many things in common (be it bags, shoes, watches). This is exactly what brought us together. I do have close friends who love fashion in general but not many of them who likes Hermes so I am so happy to have found friends who can share the same passion and :heart: for Hermes.

You KNOW how I am going to answer! I don't even like going alone anymore. All the SAs ask where the others are anyway.

I don't get the jealousy/competition thing. These are your friends. Why would you not want the best for them? It is for this reason that I have these wonderful friends, who can share the joy and knowledge. Who else will listen to us labor over colors and skins? I suppose I should just be grateful.

Now, where are we going for breakfast tomorrow?:P

with h i only shop alone but that is due to my special relationship with the store /manager and the information that is shared with me.

at all the other boutiques i love to shop with friends and do lunch afterwards

To quote Asa, you guys know my answer. I don't say much anyway :lol::lol:.

I can't speak for others, but for among the SG girls that I know-- It's. All. Good. Positive. Energy. :angel:. Always.

I like both, but it is always nice to shop with a friend to get a second opinion. Also in some cases items don't come alive until you see someone else holding it.

Usually that doesn't happen to me, but in that case I would let my friend have it. Typically this doesn't happen since I like to buy everything in Noir while my friends go for more color items.

Shopping in company is always more fun. I am always amused by the way I wouldn't take a second look at an item, but when someone picks it up it actually interests me. And the knowledge that you pick up? Amazing!

Competition? Nah. These things are not unique, anyway it does me good to have to wait for the things that I want, to "build character", as my DH says. :P That's why he supports Hermes, because things are so hard to get. :graucho:

The BEST time I had shopping at H was with my friend in NYC in April. I can't tell you how much fun we had!!

So, I think I'd have to say that a trip to Hermes is more fun with a close friend with either breakfast before hand or lunch after.

I don't mind shopping alone or with friends - either way is fine.

About shopping with friends, the closest girlfriend I shop with has different taste to me so this is never a problem. Probably because of this reason...

Typically this doesn't happen since I like to buy everything in Noir while my friends go for more color items.