Oh My God! This Lv Looks Ridiculous On Me!

chickymommy

Aug 31, 2007
OK so after MUCH deliberation I finally bought the white MC speedy that I've been drooling over...I ordered it online so I didn't get to "try it on"...I am 5'1" and weigh about 95 lbs--petite--and I try the bag on at home and it looks like I'm carrying luggage!!! :crybaby:Pretty comical (but also depressing)...I do think the bag is GORGEOUS and I envy all the celebrities I've seen with it that look totally normal, but unfortunately, I'm going to have to return it...wish they made one in the same design that was half the size! Have any of you had this problem? And also, which white MC bag would you suggest for me? This time I'll be taking an hour drive to the store to make sure to try it on!!!

I think maybe you think it is too big. Wait until tomorrow and try it again. It is a beautiful bag and I am SURE it looks HOT on you! Post a pic so we can see!

I'm the same size as you and I have the Black MC Speedy.. I do think it looks a little big but IMO, it doesn't look like luggage on me. I hope you find an MC piece that you like better.. Might I suggest the Trouville? It's really similar and I have that in white and love it!

I'm the same size as you and I have the Black MC Speedy.. I do think it looks a little big but IMO, it doesn't look like luggage on me. I hope you find an MC piece that you like better.. Might I suggest the Trouville? It's really similar and I have that in white and love it!

ITA, I think you could for sure wear the MC speedy, but you need to be comfortable with it and if you are not than you are making the right choice to trade it in. The Trouville is a great option as mentioned by mrsjimmyh, another cute MC bag that is smaller but not entirely the same design is the Audra.

Hi! Since it appears that you love the mulit color line I think the following would be great on you since your petite. Hope it helps somewhat:

Marilyn size: 9.4" x 5.1" x 4.3"
Eliza size: 10.4" x 6.1" x 3.9"
Lodge: 11" x 6.7" x 4.1"
Boulogne: 12.2" x 10" x 3.9"

I think MC speedy is a gorgeous bag!:nuts: I am not very tall either and DH convinced me it was too large and boxy looking on me.:sad:( so I got an alma instead) That's just his opinion though and there are lots of smaller sized ladies who look great with their speedy.:tup: Why don't you take your bag out for the day and see how you feel then? It is such a beautiful bag.

I think it probably looks fab on you! Can you take a pic for us?
I'm a bit taller (5'5"), but I am seriously considering MC for my next purchase.
How about the Alma or Priscilla?

i think i know what u mean, i tried azur30 and feels like luggage too! i think audra, priscilla will be nice :smile:. i personally drool over mc alma but have not give it a try, maybe u can try it in store too.

Dang--hubby is on a business trip or I could've had him take a pic of me with it for you guys! But I think I've pretty much decided I have to trade it since I don't feel comfortable with it... I'm feeling like the bag is wearing me and not the other way around!...oh, to be 5'10...

I am the height as you but weight 110 and I the speedy in both black and white. I love this bag, my favorite LV to date. I would give it a few more days and if you still are not feeling it, then return.