Jimmy Choo Do You Think JCs Are Classics?

jello_1955

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
I just bought my 2nd JC-- the Ramona and bought a Radiant earlier this year. I do feel guilty because they are so expensive.

I do think they are really well made and beautiful, but do you think you'll still be carrying the same styles 5 or 10 years from now? You see people carrying older Hermes, Chanels and LVs and they don't look at all dated.

I'm over 50 and sometimes wonder if they are a little too trendy for my age.

Thoughts?

Liberté;3857432 said:
^
I agree, if you like it, you can wear it. However if the most important thing for you is to get something classic, I think there are better brands.

^^I totally agree. While I think JC bags are beyond gorgeous, I don't know that I'd classify them as "classic".

I think JC will be around forever, but particular bag styles will probably come and go as they do with most designers.

But if you love it, wear it! I love how striking and unique JC bags are....you don't feel like you're just one of the crowd when you're carrying one! :supacool:

When I bought a JC recently, I really wanted a Ramona or Riki, but I ended up buying the JC7, because I think I will carry it longer. It's simple, doesn't scream the brand name, and isn't an easily recognized style. I imagine I would have this for at least 5 years. We'll see about 10.

Attachments

• IM000707.jpg
    IM000707.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
I think some of them might become classics, like maybe the Ramona/Riki. I plan on carrying mine when I get older. To tell you the truth, I don't really care for some of the "classics", I think they look like Grandma's bag...and even when I get to be grandma, I'm still gonna carry whatever bag I want!:queen:

I totally agree with you. There is no guarantee that if you buy a "classic", you are still going to like and use it in 5-10 years' time. Go for something you really love now, but maybe not something like the zebra pattern or pony!

I'm not sure how enduring some of the styles will be or how many years they will continue to look new and fresh. I buy Jimmy Choo bags for how beautiful, stylish, and sexy they look NOW. I do look back 3-4 years though and still love most JC styles. Wth that being said,I don't think JC bags are classics in the true sense like Chanel and Bottega Veneta. I think an entire closet of "classics" might be a little boring. I love Bottega Veneta and Tod's but I need my Jimmy Choos to add an extra splash of fun to my wardrobe.

jello, while I don't think Jimmy Choo bags are entirely classics, I definitely do not think they are trendy. I think the styles are sophisticated and can be worn at any age.

I'm not sure how enduring some of the styles will be or how many years they will continue to look new and fresh. I buy Jimmy Choo bags for how beautiful, stylish, and sexy they look NOW. I do look back 3-4 years though and still love most JC styles. Wth that being said,I don't think JC bags are classics in the true sense like Chanel and Bottega Veneta. I think an entire closet of "classics" might be a little boring. I love Bottega Veneta and Tod's but I need my Jimmy Choos to add an extra splash of fun to my wardrobe.

jello, while I don't think Jimmy Choo bags are entirely classics, I definitely do not think they are trendy. I think the styles are sophisticated and can be worn at any age.

Samantha - ITA. I've never been one for embellished or appliqued bags - too trendy. But when I think back to the bags I carried say, 25 years ago, they've always been fun. I can see me carrying my JC bags for years to come.

It's hard to say if JC bags are what's considered "classic" but keep in mind, they haven't been around as long as LV or Hermes. Riki/Ramona style looks very classic to me. Honestly, I don't care if they become classic bags eventually, I just really enjoy wearing my Riki. I saw a woman at a dept. store with Ramona and she looked so elegant, I just kept staring LOL. JC bags aren't average designer bags, they have a unique flair to them that really sets them apart.

I love JC bags for their fresh look and wonderful colors. I'm not sure how I'll feel about some of them in a few years, but I don't really care. I want a bag that I'm happy carrying now - not 10 years from now.