Transparent PVC bags

DiorKiss

O.G.
Aug 3, 2007
I saw these a lot on the runway this summer. I'm not really sure what to think about them though... I wouldn't like everyone to see what I'm carrying!

OscardelaRentatransparant.jpg

BetseyJohnsontransparant.jpg

DolceGabbanatransparant.jpg

What do you think?

(P.S. Sorry if there's already a thread for this!)

Boo! Hiss! I can't believe there are people out there who would pay a few hundred for a CLEAR PURSE! It's just plastic! If they were fairly cheap, then yes...because some places require you to have a clear bag to use at work (Dillard's, for example).

I thought the point of a bag was so you didn't have to have all of your stuff out in the open!

I bought a clear Prada tote this summer. It was $99, but it has lots of leather trim and the PVC is printed, so I felt like it was a good deal.

I only carried it once, though. I'm not that crazy about it. They sent it in a HUGE box and Amazon wanted the original box sent back with the return. It would've been like $30 to ship, so I kept it. Now I know why they call it a "dust bag" :rolleyes:

eta- I do like that first one a lot. It would be a great beach/pool/vacation bag.

Some people have to carry them if they work in retail. I had one job like that in HS, and there were NO cute clear bags at that time. People left their purses in the car and used ziplocs. If you HAVE to carry one, it's nice to have these options.

I like them for the summer, too. I can't tell you how many bags I have beat up at the beach and the pool. There aren't that many chic bags that are sun/water proof.

I think a clear bag is great to use as a beach tote. You can see your sunscreen, glasses, tissues, etc. without having to dig in.
I have also liked the Furla clear bag -- it is called a boarding bag, or something like that. I think it would be a good tote for flying -- . Again, you can see your pillow, earplugs, earphone, water, etc.

See-through bags befuddle me. I guess I am neither here nor there, but I don't need anyone spotting my tampons rolling around in the bottom of my bag.

Exactly what I was thinking :P
But I do like the first one (Oscar de la Renta) as a beach bag. No one will see anything but my towel anyway! But I'd never use it for something else so I won't ever pay a couple of hundreds on a clear plastic tote... That Prada one sounds like a great deal though, ClaireZk!

i got a michael kors beach tote and although it's open at the top, it has a white plastic lining like another bag inside a clear bag so the contents are not visible. i also got it for $78 instead of the original price of $168.:smile:
mkbt.jpg

I would never spend that kind of money on plastic. I would get something cheap (no more than $20) to use as a beach bag or if I worked in retail. If its hundreds of dollars, it better be a classic or a leather bag, not PVC.

Some people like suede.... some like metalics.... and some like transparant PVC!

Tons of designers made shoes to match this PVC style of bag too! It's funny to see people spending hundreds of dollars for Chanel or Tory Burch ballet flats that show their squeezed toes & sweaty feet :roflmfao:

seems to easy to be looking tacky with this bag. i don't think my ppl (if any at all) can pull off this look without looking a little... funny. That and you'll be getting unwanted stares all day unless you wanna use it as a beach bag. (which is stupid for the amount of money you'll spend on this one)