Recs for a good neutral eyeshadow?

Rachael25

O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
I want something to cover my whole lid area, so that when I emphasize my eyes with mascara and liner, but don't want to wear coloured shadow, my eye isn't naked. Does that make sense? I want something fairly neutral and natural, not too glittery or shimmery. Any ideas?

The Bobbi Brown stonewashed pallet is amazing with a range of colours you could use, particularly the bone shade which is perfect as a quick cover. It is limited edition though, so you may need to be quick!

stila chinois and kitten are good for this too. chinois is matte, kitten has a shimmer. chinois is described as "white" on sephora.com but it's creamy colored. also like chantecaille sesame.

Check out ID Bare Minerals line of eyeshadows--- they make TONS of neutral shades, many of them not too shimmery. Plus they are not harsh to use on your eyes and last a long time.

I don't wear eyeshadow much, but I have this smashbox one in a colour called champagne. It's a bit more on the golden shimmery side, but if you apply it with a light hand I believe it'll still be a good neutral for anyone. I love it!

I want something to cover my whole lid area, so that when I emphasize my eyes with mascara and liner, but don't want to wear coloured shadow, my eye isn't naked. Does that make sense? I want something fairly neutral and natural, not too glittery or shimmery. Any ideas?

Did you have any luck?

I'm also lookin for a great neutral eye shadow. I tend to wear Stila Kitten at night, so for daytime I'd rather a matte eye

Did you have any luck?

I'm also lookin for a great neutral eye shadow. I tend to wear Stila Kitten at night, so for daytime I'd rather a matte eye

Not yet, but to be honest I haven't really made much of an effort. Work and a college course have taken priority and finances are a bit tight. I might go with the everyday minerals and order some samples, or just look for a cheaper drug store brand. I'll post back if/when I find what I'm looking for! Thank for all the suggestions x