Best Berry Colored Bags for Fall??

Kathy K

O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
I have been searching high and low for the perfect berry/brick/bordeaux/pomegranate bag for fall. I don't wear really big bags, logos, or skulls. I'm also very particular about the weight of the bag since I have a bad back. I love Balenciaga's soft squishy leather and light weight, but have already bought 3 and would like to vary things a little.

Anybody have any ideas for a good well-made classic leather bag that would work for me? I've been a bad girl lately, so need to keep this well under a thousand ($500 or less would be even better!).

TIA!

Have you thought about a Moni Splendor? It comes in Plum, Caramel, Chocolate, Cappucino, etc. I have the Chocolate and love it. I know some of the girls have mentioned quality issues with these bags awhile back but mine is perfect. The color is very saturated and it's very lightweight like Bal (I have three of those as well). I found this site that has it http://www.museten.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=0&idproduct=261 and there's also one on eBay (I have no clue who the seller is but they show some great pics!) http://cgi.ebay.com/495-AUTHENTIC-N...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting bag, Debsmith. Thanks! I think I'd like something a bit more structured/polished looking so that I can use it comfortably for work. I'm probably trying to ask too much of a single bag, huh?

My absolute favorite right now is Rebecca Minkoff berry matinee:
175_0_rebmatber.jpg

It's $625 at JCMadison, but 20% off with either "toutie" or "grechen" codes.

Yep, I've been looking at the Minkoff bag too. I don't like the suede "wings" on it. (I know, I know, I'm really picky!)
You could always go with the morning after or the mini morning after to avoid the "wings". That's a great looking bag too. I don't have one, but a lot of tPFers seem to love theirs.

I really recommend Gerard Darel bordeaux patent leather 24 hour bag (I think that's what it's called). It's super light, roomy and the patent leather is very soft and squishy, no logos or anything obvious. Very classic and if you can find it on sale, it's a great deal, I think that even retail is under $500.