Ladies plz help!!!GST, NAVY vs BLACK?!

Fashion Freak

Mar 17, 2007
Recently I'm in love w/ caviar leather, since I already have 2 flaps and more to get in coming s/s 2008, I think I need a tote now, so GST w/ SH is my choice.:yes: But I can't decide between navy or black? I need a black which can go w/ everything, but navy seems to be a more interesting color. I haven't seen the navy one IRL yet, so for the tPFers who have seen or own them, do you think the navy is dark enough that I can use as a black w/ black outfit? If you have any pics of you w/ your navy GST, please post. Thank you all very much!:smile:

Go with black. It will be much more versatile and totes in general should be versatile. Why else would one get a tote? When I bought my GST I went with beige so that it would be easy for me to carry all year round too. But black is a great choice.

I saw the navy caviar and it almost looks black except that you can see the thread is blue. I think it's too dark of a navy to really make it exceptional and to get. Choose the black! It's better in the long run.

If both are with silver h/w, I'd go with the Navy -- I'm actually debating whether to get a GST....and if I do, silver or gold h/w (if it's gold, I'll go with black; if I choose silver h/w, I'll definitely pick Navy). While the dark navy color is similar to black, it really is a chameleon color that is interesting yet classic. Very much like the Ink color for Balenciaga lovers (looks black in certain lighting conditions, and blue in others). I love that navy blue shade and wish the classic flaps (especially jumbos) were more readily available in that color.

If both are with silver h/w, I'd go with the Navy -- I'm actually debating whether to get a GST....and if I do, silver or gold h/w (if it's gold, I'll go with black; if I choose silver h/w, I'll definitely pick Navy). While the dark navy color is similar to black, it really is a chameleon color that is interesting yet classic. Very much like the Ink color for Balenciaga lovers (looks black in certain lighting conditions, and blue in others). I love that navy blue shade and wish the classic flaps (especially jumbos) were more readily available in that color.

Hi!Thank you very much for your advice! You are absolutely right about the navy color, I have the ink b-box, and I'm sure the navy must be as intersting as the ink. But for now, I think I should go for a black, because in fall,esp winter, I wear a lot of black, I need a bigger "cool" looking bag. The reason I chose SH is I have a black patent 2.55 w/ GH, and I passed the metallic black w/ SH, so now I'm trying to get a SH one, if I didn't get the GH 2.55, I'd definitely go for a SH one. I'm still thinking, I think I should go and see the colors IRL. Thanks a lot!;)

Thank you so much for your ladies' help! I went to see the navy today, it's really dark, almost a black for real! I like the color, but the bag just looks too small on me as a tote. So I'm not gonna get it anymore...:nogood: