Calling minnie04,DD101 and all other owners of the Bordeaux "hybrid" bag

joyfishyu

Jan 23, 2006
DD101, have your got yours? I just got mine. The color is gorgeous, but I noticed the color is not even and i suspect the bag has spots of discoloration and scratches.:confused1: Please tell me what you think after seeing the following detail shots. TIA!

back pocket

attachment.php

spot above the back pocket
attachment.php

the first flap
attachment.php

inside corner of the first flap
attachment.php

the second flap
attachment.php

It seems to be everywhere. Is it possible that is the natural result of the production process??

Attachments

• DSC00219.JPG
    DSC00219.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC00220.JPG
    DSC00220.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC00223.JPG
    DSC00223.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 336
  • DSC00224.JPG
    DSC00224.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 333
  • DSC00225.JPG
    DSC00225.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 334
Mine is like this, especially on the inside where the chains have been lying on the leather. I love it tho (im odd lol ;)), and it adds to the appeal, and I suspect will stop me being too precious with her, and actually enjoy her even more because of it :yes:

I'm kind of picky about that. Wonder whether that will be the same case with the reissue leather for the same color. Maybe I need to wait to see the dark red coming out next S/S

Joy, is yours the distressed caviar with mm lock and bijoux chain? I have the one in dark grey, and it's exactly like yours... it's part of the 'distressed' look supposedly. To me, it adds the 'edgy' look to it, and I feel that I never ever have to baby this bag ever...
But if you're not loving yours, you should just return it. When you spend that much money, you should be loving the bag 110%...

joy, that's the way that "hybrid" bag looks in all colors. the medium brown i had was also like that, very distressed (lots of scratches under the flap). IMO it's so cool looking but if you don't like it now, you will probably not grow into loving it...perhaps look for another red that's perfect for you.

Thank you all for your input! I will wait to see whether my feeling about the distressed look grows. If I am going to return it, I will post when and where just in case someone is searching for it.

I've seen the same thing with a similar flap at Saks - the only place that I saw the distressing was on the inside part of the flap, right where the chain loops through, which made me think it was scratched from the chain. I personally didn't like it - but maybe since yours has that distressed look all over then it doesn't look too out of place. Your bag looks fine in those pics!

DD101, have your got yours? I just got mine. The color is gorgeous, but I noticed the color is not even and i suspect the bag has spots of discoloration and scratches.:confused1: Please tell me what you think after seeing the following detail shots. TIA!

back pocket

attachment.php

spot above the back pocket
attachment.php

the first flap
attachment.php

inside corner of the first flap
attachment.php

the second flap
attachment.php

It seems to be everywhere. Is it possible that is the natural result of the production process??

Joy I just got this bag this evening. The Fedex guy came so late to my house, but better late than never. My bag looks similar to yours, yes the leather is distressed, that's what I love about this bag. It does have an edgy rock and roll feel to it. I can't find my camera, but as soon as I do I will take pictures of my bag too. I guess you really have to like the distressed leather to love this bag. I was so happy with mine when i saw the color, such a rich bordeaux, I am totally in love with it.

I promise to take pictures of mine as soon as I locate my camera tonight. If you don't like the distressed caviar leather, then send it back, for this price you must totally love it. I have this bag in the blackish greyish color too, so I knew it was going to be distressed, but then I love that!

Ok Joy, here's the pictures of my bag:

redhybridflap007.jpg

redhybridflap006.jpg

redhybridflap005.jpg

redhybridflap002.jpg

redhybridflap001.jpg

Hope my pictures help you out, it's hard to get good pictures without natural sunlight. But I think my pictures show the bag in a true light. You can see the distressing on the leather, and inside on the underside of the flap. I think Chloe babe said she liked this because she won't have to baby it, and I totally agree with her. This is my kind of bag. But again, you have to like distressing to love it. Also, I never bought the bordeaux reissue when it was availeble to me, to me, this is the next best thing. ;)