Horsebit clutch, keep or not to keep... dilemma...

caruava

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
I bought a horsebit clutch recently, on impulse AGAIN :wtf: surprise surprise... I've attached photos of it. It's in the brown leather. I really really really love this style. Only problem is that I hate the brown leather. Just not a fan of the brown leather trim. Don't know why I keep doing this... :nogood: Bought a hobo from the sale for a great price in the brown leather, ended up selling it on eBay.

My dilemma is... I really love the horsebit style, but I hate the colour that I have. Should I,

#1: Keep the one I have, and probably not use it at all cos I hate the colour. At least I still have it right?

OR

#2: Sell it and wait for the day that a cream trimmed one comes up on eBay? And if it never does, regret for the rest of my life...? :crybaby:

Kidding, it's not that bad, but seriously I love the style but hate the one I've got. Got to stop buying things on impulse! :noggin: I've attached some photos. Is it worth me keeping the bag? Sorry if this seems trivial, I don't know why it's causing me so much grief! Had the bag for 10 days now and every time I've wanted to take it out I change my mind at the last min cos I hate the trim when I look at it! :sad: Doesn't help that I just bought some patent mystic white (more like cream) stilettos and they don't match.

And I don't even know why I bought the Fendi's in brown in the last photo. I thought that if I had a matching pair of designer shoes to go with the bag I might learn to like the brown. But it's been a week and I cannot see it happening. :Push:

Attachments

• IMG_3887.JPG
    IMG_3887.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3873.JPG
    IMG_3873.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3875.JPG
    IMG_3875.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 70
I would say sell it. If you really don't like the brown...you won't wear it. Whats the point of having it if you dont use it. Maybe you will get lucky and find the cream one someday...good luck!!

If you don't love it, someone would. So, I would suggest you to sell it. I personally don't like the brown leather trim too, I don't wear brown clothings at all. I'd keep looking!

Man Kav...i want one of those clutches!!! I wonder if they still have it in the outlets?!? I'll keep an eye on it on ebay in case you do decide to sell it. :smile::smile:

Thanks ladies. I am leaning on the side of selling it. But only after I saw a cream leather duchessa in store today... :love: The Abbey boston bag with cream trim was really nice too. I think I will sell the clutch and get more bags. It's a vicious cycle I tell you...

Sell it. There is no point keeping a bag you don't love. It seems like you got it because it is close to the bag you want, but that still doesn't make it the bag you want.

Thanks everyone. Tibu made a very good point. It's close to the bag I want, not the bag I want. Plus I just found out that Fendi just released some new magic bags in cream calfskin so I'm waiting for the pics from my SA. Definitely selling the clutch, so that I can fund the magic bag. :yahoo:

Thanks everyone. Tibu made a very good point. It's close to the bag I want, not the bag I want. Plus I just found out that Fendi just released some new magic bags in cream calfskin so I'm waiting for the pics from my SA. Definitely selling the clutch, so that I can fund the magic bag. :yahoo:

"Magic" bag... you made me so curious. I have to hop over to the Fendi forum then!

I guess you've made your decision now but I just wanted to say that I think its super cute (I like the brown on it) and it looks so cute with the brown shoes. But I wouldn't think its a good idea to keep it if you hate it and never wear it, the money could go to the above mentioned cream bag of your dreams or what not. Damn I didn't have the internet for the last week and I have all this catching up to do. Did you get yours on ebay btw?