In general...which are the widest?

Jan 29, 2006
MBs, CLs, or Choos? I know they are are very slim :sad:.

I have a wide foot and have no problem wearing a bigger shoe with an insert to get a toe box wide enough. I want a pair of sexy heels - which brand should I try first?

I've actually found that Choos are the widest... they are actually COMFY for me, and I have pretty wide feet (essentially shaped like triangles... no straight/narrow feet here!!!). Oddly, the pointy-toed Choos are wider IMO than the open-toed ones - e.g., I'm normally a 7.5 or 8 in "normal" brands like Charles David, but I am about a 39.5 or even 40 for the open-toed Choos, but a 38.5 or 38 for the pointy-toed ones. Funny how sizes vary so much!!

With me, Manolos really depend on the cut.... if they're sandals, tend to be wider...

Manolos? My feet are normal width and a size 5. In Jimmy Choo's I need 5.5 or 6 in some shoes. In Louboutin's I range from 5-6 and the only shoe I have tried on in Manolos (patent mary janes SJP's shoes) I need a size 5.

I've actually found that Choos are the widest... they are actually COMFY for me, and I have pretty wide feet (essentially shaped like triangles... no straight/narrow feet here!!!). Oddly, the pointy-toed Choos are wider IMO than the open-toed ones - e.g., I'm normally a 7.5 or 8 in "normal" brands like Charles David, but I am about a 39.5 or even 40 for the open-toed Choos, but a 38.5 or 38 for the pointy-toed ones. Funny how sizes vary so much!!

With me, Manolos really depend on the cut.... if they're sandals, tend to be wider...

My feet almost sound like your "triangles." I am a smaller size in closed toe, closed heel shoes in most CLs.