Unsure about Forest Green City

Jenova

Jul 15, 2007
Just delivered from LVR. Quick photo before the light fades in the UK evening.

This is a lovely colour - a really nice strong deep green. For me this colour is a winner.

However the leather seems thinner than that on the Violet and Jaune bags. It feels dry to me and the front of the bag looks a bit bulgy.

Not sure whether this is the effect of transport without good padding. Keeping tags on and padding bag out with tissue over night before deciding whether to return this or keep it.

Attachments

• DSCF7062_edited-7.jpg
    DSCF7062_edited-7.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 544
I think it's a beautiful colour and with the Balenciaga leather, it will just get better with age. Is it just the texture of the leather, or would you have preferred a more distressed one?

I wish you well,

Bridget

I think it's a beautiful colour and with the Balenciaga leather, it will just get better with age. Is it just the texture of the leather, or would you have preferred a more distressed one?

I wish you well,

Bridget

Hi - I think is is sufficiently distressed but it has a dry brittle feeling surface unlike my other 07 Balenciaga bags. The main leather feels much lighter in weight than the more solid areas of the bag and this seems to create tension and bubbling.

I don't think I would recommend mail ordering Forest Green until a few more people get bags and can comment.

The binding on the edges is also badly trimmed and there is a bit of exposed glue.

This doesn't seem to be the standard of bag I have paid for.

Thanks Jenova for posting the pic. The green is so beautiful!!! The plomb that i ordered from LVR was put on hold. Now seeing this color, i'm not sure if i should change to green instead. :confused1:

If you find the leather really unappealing, send it back and ask for another, specify what you are looking for and hopefully you will get one you truly love.

If it were just dry, then I would say keep it, wear it, I am sure it will break in beautifully, but you say the binding is badly trimmed and glue is exposed, so send it back. Will they nail you for restocking fees etc?

I wish you well,

Bridget