Neat way to shortening the Evelyne strap (without cutting)

tokyogirl

Keanu!
O.G.
Jan 22, 2006
A sweet, wonderful H salesperson at the Chicago H store taught me a neat way to "shorten" the Evelyne strap so that you can carry the Evelyne as a shoulder bag (pardon me if this has been discussed here).

Basically, fold the strap lengthwise in half so on one end has both hooks, and the other end is the "fold".

Both hooks should hook onto the loop on one side. For the other side, pull a scarf through the "fold" and tie it to the hook on the other side. (Sorry if this explanation is not clear, hopefully the photos better illustrate what I am trying to explain)

By "shortening" the strap, I can carry the Evelyne as a more formal purse to work!!

47b7d725b3127ccebae3551433ce00000045112CYuWbdo5Y2

That is a really great idea! I was actually planning on having my strap cut a bit shorter, but I might try this prior to bringing the bag in for a "trim". Thanks for sharing!!

Oh, don't shorten your Evelyne strap!!! I think it'll really negatively affect re-sale if you should decide to sell in the future. The messenger-length strap is what I love about it. I can sling it on and be hands free while shopping. It's sooo wonderful. :heart:

I haven't even gone out with it shortened with a scarf, etc. but it's nice to know that the option exists.

Idea: If you really want a shorter strap, I suggest ordering a shorter one, while still keeping the original one as is!:tup:

cynthia, ebruo, minnie -- thanks!!

minnie -- I am also a total shorty! I love how this shortened style makes the Evelyne a bit more proportional to my height.

cynthia -- yes, I also agree that you should try the alternative styles, before shortening the strap.