need advice on LV messenger bag

DRSM

~*LV/Balenciaga*~
Jun 26, 2006
I need an LV bag for school..and was wondering what u guys think is best? I think a messenger bag that could fit a laptop would be my first choice..

let's see what you recommend!!

I was looking at Sac Bosphore as both laptop bag and larger messenger. There's a thread on here about them, with lots of product pics and shots of it being worn. :tup:

I'm now purchasing a Congo PM so this will have to wait, but other messenger/laptop bags I was considering included Musette, Naviglio, Geant range and (wildcard!) Lockit Horizontal. You could also look at Congo GM.

what the name of the bag that has "louis vuitton" written across it diagonally? i like that one

That is the Damier Geant line.

The messenger bags in that line are called the Messager and Loup.

I recommend the Bosphore Messenger (Monogram Canvas) and the Melville Messenger (Damier Canvas).

That is the Damier Geant line.

The messenger bags in that line are called the Messager and Loup.

I recommend the Bosphore Messenger (Monogram Canvas) and the Melville Messenger (Damier Canvas).

yes! the damier geant! How come you woldn't recommend the geant? is it mostly a men's bag? seems like most members who have on the forum are guys..

^^^ lol. The Yack is hot!!! It does have a funky name! :P

I also like the Pionnier, but it's not a messenger bag. However, you can fit your laptop inside?

I Have The Gm Bosphore And It Fits A 15 Inch Book Perfectlly But Don't Get It Cause I Have It J/k I Think It Makes A Perfect Messanger Bag It's Also My Only Mono Bag Also The Damier Geant Loup Fits A 15 Inch Laptop Also But I Exchanged It For The Bosphore It Was Just Too Slouchy...

I have the Sac Bosphore, and IMO, it's a tad small for a laptop.
You're better off with one of the geant messengers, or perhaps the larger Congo....

man i want the monogram gm bosphore messenger sooooo bad! i was even thinking of exchanging my carryall for it, but then i decided i just couldnt do it. hopefully i can get it soon.

and as for the geant, i thought it was too slouchy too. even though i do like how it looks.

There are a few threads on here concerning the suitability of using Neverfull as a school bag, just take a quick look. There's a FAQ thread too that would answer your other questions. :flowers:

I'd probably go the Geant instead though, it just seems tougher and more no-nonsence. You wouldn't need to be too precious with it.