Is there a demon on Tutti?

gabes_mommy

Aug 22, 2007
I have never actually seen a Tutti bag in person but in pictures it looks like there is a creepy demon face on it. YUCK! I don't think I'll ever buy anything in Tutti because of the demon. What do you all think? :cursing:

Yes, there is a creepy demon face on Tutti. See my post in the Denaro thread. On smaller bags it would be pretty easy to avoid, I think. Look in the upper left hand corner, and look up and to the left of the smaller Momo Peach.

tutti.jpg

It's not creepy to me because it's a part of Japanese culture and that's where I'm from. It's just a hanya mask used in Japanese drama/plays/operas. It's definitely not "evil" by any means. It's just a representation of women and their emotions (like jealousy), not demons or devils. :yes:

I think there's also a skateboarding pig on transporto :confused1: At first Vmasterz & I thought it was poplettina but poplettina has a white face and then Vmasterz looked more closely and realized it's a skateboarding pig with a curly tail and all :lol:

Ok, I still don't like it, but at least now I understand its cultural significance. Before I was like, WTH, why is that there?

And, yes, there is a Skateboarding pig on Transporto - he is on my Denaro, but I think he's cute. :P

It's not creepy to me because it's a part of Japanese culture and that's where I'm from. It's just a hanya mask used in Japanese drama/plays/operas. It's definitely not "evil" by any means. It's just a representation of women and their emotions (like jealousy), not demons or devils. :yes:
Actually I think your being very precise with your guess (if you were guessing). ;)

Some Westeners still use the old gesture (from the Middle Ages) of sticking the two fore fingers out from the forehead like horns, to suggest that someone is messing around with another man's wife.

The expression was "to put the horns on a husband." This would be a reasonable cause for jealousy, so it is a convenient mnemonic to help us remember that the same gesture in Japan is a sign for jealousy. The white cloth headdress worn by Japanese brides is called a tsuno-kakushi or "horn-hider," and the bride wears it to signify that she will hide her horns or not be jealous of her husband after marriage, no matter how mightily he philanders or tries to put horns on other husbands.
from
http://www.weekender.co.jp/LatestEdition/971121/coverstory2.htm

also why is it called momo peach, momo=peach. :idea:

I like the mask tattoo... But just looking at that swatch made me realize the girl with the tattoo that is leaning down to touch her feet looks like she has freakishly long arms... If you notice where her hand is..

I didn't realize it was a tattoo on one of the girls! Probably because you couldn't see any of the girl on the tiny Denaro. Now it makes sense, but I still didn't want the Denaro that had it. It just seemed out of place.