Need Help deciding

Shopalicious

May 28, 2007
I saw the kelly pochette that Mrs.S has on the other thread and I fall in love. Lovely Jag:nuts::tup: here on the blog told me up where I could get one but now I am stuck here thinking if I should get a kelly pochette or elounge ?

I am kind of a big girl 5"5' and big build .. so I am scared that the pochette will look small on me .

Are the elounge hard to come by ?

Thank u so much in advance ..

I have seen more pochettes than elongue at the store.

personally, I find the elongue a tad too long and because it's flat, it can't hold as much as a pochette and still keep its elegant shape

I have the JPG kelly, is this the pochette you are referring to? I LOVE it and I'm 5'8. I never really worry about matching a bag to my size sometimes you just need a big bag and sometimes you need a small one

Shopalicious, happy to hear that you like the KP as well. I love it too.

archangel is right. There are more KPs than Kelly Longues.

I have seen asa's Kelly Longue in action, and it can hold quite a bit too. Mind you, both are clutches, and by virtue of their design and purpose, you can't pack the kitchen sink in it. But you can most certainly have your wallet, pack of tissue paper, lip gloss/stick, mobile phone, and car keys.

In fact, it's the KP that is limited in size. Because it's shorter, I cannot even put a long wallet in it. I have to use my Azap compact when I am using my KP.

When the next opportunity arises, I will take a picture of both the Kelly Longue and KP together for scale.

Mrs Sparkle. Thank you so much for your reply I have only seen a kelly pochette .... I want something in swift or should I get one in boxcalf.. I am looking forward to one in croc when a get a little bit older .. :smile: heee.. cos The hermes are so classic and can be carry for years.. even when I am 70 heee.. so I want something fun .. !! I know that u are the expert here what do u suggest ??

Mrs Sparkle. Thank you so much for your reply I have only seen a kelly pochette .... I want something in swift or should I get one in boxcalf.. I am looking forward to one in croc when a get a little bit older .. :smile: heee.. cos The hermes are so classic and can be carry for years.. even when I am 70 heee.. so I want something fun .. !! I know that u are the expert here what do u suggest ??

Just as an update for you, Shopalicious and everyone else who's on the lookout for a KP. I'd placed an order for a KP in box calf in the Jul Podium and I've just been told that it's not accepted by Paris. :crybaby:The only skins available are evergrain, evercalf, swift, suede, lizard and nilo croc. (remember the ostrich KP we saw here a couple of weeks back, it seems that's not repeated anywhere else. I cannot help but wonder if it was a SO that was ordered and then not picked by the customer)

I have no information to share if KPs will become easier to come by moving forward, or will Paris focus on other clutches. So it's hard to say if you should pick up whatever leather of a KP that comes to you. If indeed you have the option of choosing a skin (non-exotic), I vote for evercalf.

^^^^^^ POSTED BY MRSS -"Just as an update for you, Shopalicious and everyone else who's on the lookout for a KP. I'd placed an order for a KP in box calf in the Jul Podium and I've just been told that it's not accepted by Paris. :crybaby:The only skins available are evergrain, evercalf, swift, suede, lizard and nilo croc. (remember the ostrich KP we saw here a couple of weeks back, it seems that's not repeated anywhere else. I cannot help but wonder if it was a SO that was ordered and then not picked by the customer)

I have no information to share if KPs will become easier to come by moving forward, or will Paris focus on other clutches. So it's hard to say if you should pick up whatever leather of a KP that comes to you. If indeed you have the option of choosing a skin (non-exotic), I vote for evercalf."

MrsS - I too am looking to purchase the KP. My SA is waiting for their podium orders to arrive to let me know which leathers and colors come in first. Could you please tell me why your prefer the leather you reference in the sentence above?
Thanks!

user_offline.gif

Evercalf is like soft box anyway.

I only found this out 2 weeks ago, HG. And I was so happy that the scratches can be rubbed away. I really gave the leather swatch in my store very deep fingernail scratches, and viola! Vanished. My SA thinks it's as "magical" as Barenia? What do you think?

I really wanted Black Box with GHW for my collection ....

If indeed you have the option of choosing a skin (non-exotic), I vote for evercalf.[/COLOR]"

MrsS - I too am looking to purchase the KP. My SA is waiting for their podium orders to arrive to let me know which leathers and colors come in first. Could you please tell me why your prefer the leather you reference in the sentence above?

Penny, it's because when I tested the leather swatch, I could rub away the scratches I inflicted on it. If you have a H store closeby, please go in and test the leather to see for yourself. Don't take my word for it. Seeing is believing.

Penny, it's because when I tested the leather swatch, I could rub away the scratches I inflicted on it. If you have a H store closeby, please go in and test the leather to see for yourself. Don't take my word for it. Seeing is believing.

Don't have an H close by, but if you tested it and found it to be that way then that is proof enough for me.:yes:

Penny, I am actually not familiar with the colours offered in evercalf. So, I hope someone else can help you with choice of colours.

Very recently, I got one in Havanne Evercalf (not sure if you saw that thread).